• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
If you have all the free time in the world to practise full ZB, then it's absolutely worth it. It saves 7-ish moves over plain LS+OLL+PLL, which is quite a lot!

That said, that's a big "if" and it's certainly not worth it for the vast majority of cubers, if the only metric you care about is getting lower times. Full ZB requires way more alg drilling on a consistent basis than most people can bother to do—if one can't put in that effort, less alg-intensive methods like plain CFOP would be better for them.

Should you learn full ZB? If you have to ask, the answer is no.
Seems appealing but you reasoning makes sense. Thanks bro....I will rather drill the algorithms I already know rather than learning a huge chunk of new ones.

I think it's good, but you must have a ton of time. You have to learn the algs, and then practice recognition and execution. Technically, it would take over 500 solves before you even finish using all of your algs at least once.

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah you have to learn like 700 algs and the recognition will be harder. I'd say you save 0.5 seconds at most

and if you're not at least sub 10 then 0.5 seconds doesn't really mean anything

Last edited by a moderator:

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Start off by planning EO using unlimited inspection, close your eyes then solve it. Keep up with this for about 10 minutes for a few days then you'll find yourself naturally looking for line pieces as well. Repeat for one line edge then repeat for the whole EOLine. Also, check out this website: https://sites.google.com/view/zzmethod/
It's the most up to date source on ZZ bar the discord server so I'd definitely give it a bookmark.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
people dont post in this thread anymore but i want to continue it for a bit and point out something
tell me if this is still bumping a thread tho
yeah you have to learn like 700 algs and the recognition will be harder. I'd say you save 0.5 seconds at most

and if you're not at least sub 10 then 0.5 seconds doesn't really mean anything
it doesnt save you 0.5 seconds it saves you way more than that, and you dont have to learn ALL algs.
just learning full zbll, which is alot but its kinda worth it, could save you at most 2 seconds. That is alot when you are getting sub 8 or something.
or maybe just some zbll can also work. And you can also use some vhls which is not that hard to learn at just 32 cases, some of them mirrors.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread has a lot of ZZ history. It would be nice to see it become active again. Anyway, this isn't the place for method debates, it's the place for ZZ. There's the method debate thread (and a few others) for that. Anyway, I'll kick it off with some ZZ news: the fastest solves on the internet with ZZ were done by @RadicalMacaroni and here are the videos:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread has a lot of ZZ history. It would be nice to see it become active again. Anyway, this isn't the place for method debates, it's the place for ZZ. There's the method debate thread (and a few others) for that. Anyway, I'll kick it off with some ZZ news: the fastest solves on the internet with ZZ were done by @RadicalMacaroni and here are the videos:
damn he good
that 3.96 solve mustve been really lucky

Last edited:

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel

As someone i know for making a very long rant about zz being viable, this is like your dream come true

Man, that average is awful. I gotta record one with better turning today.