• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What events should be removed from the WCA events list?

• Clock

Votes: 128 46.9%
  • 7x7

Votes: 29 10.6%
  • 3x3 with feet

Votes: 103 37.7%
  • FMC

Votes: 15 5.5%
  • Multiblind

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Pyraminx

Votes: 9 3.3%
  • Skewb

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Square-1

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • 3x3 OH

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • None of these

Votes: 104 38.1%

• Total voters

Jay Cubes

WCA
2018DALE04
YouTube
Visit Channel
solving a cube with your feet is pretty weird

and? many people center their entire career cubing around the event and now it's gone because people feel queasy about it. i dunno, i don't know how else to put it but it seems kinda selfish, no offense. you don't even say WHY its weird. It just is? thick bruh moment

PS: where do you live to have comps that have more feet than megaminx?

I don't believe any of these events should be removed. every event will have its qualities and perks. I think Clock is great, and I am sad to see how many people generally dislike the event. The clock is the only non-Rubiks cube type puzzle in the WCA, and I get it fully. It's not a twisty puzzle. But there are so many solving processes similar to regular Rubik's cube solving.

I believe in the growth of the number of WCA events. and of course, I'm not talking like every on the planet, but enough events that everyone can find a fit for them and love what they do. Many people ask why others practice non-WCA events, and then turn around and snap when the other person says they want the event their practicing to be in the WCA.

remove 3x3.

3x3 is silly and shouldn't exist
periodt

PugCuber

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
solving a cube with your feet is pretty weird
Honestly, continuing on what iiNaxezi said, there are some people whose main event is feet. However, one thing the WCA did take into account however, and I thank them for, is for those who are disabled and are unable to use their hands, they can use their feet in a 3x3 round. You might know that technically, your hands have more bacteria than your feet. Someone else mentioned this in a similar thread— I don’t remember who. Sorry— and they also mentioned that while grossness can be understandable, general hygiene can’t. I don’t really think the community knows this. Also, it seems like the majority of people who don’t like feet have never even tried it once. So, they’ve just preemptively decided they hate feet. I mean, how would you know if you haven’t even tried it?

GAN 356 X

Honestly, continuing on what iiNaxezi said, there are some people whose main event is feet. However, one thing the WCA did take into account however, and I thank them for, is for those who are disabled and are unable to use their hands, they can use their feet in a 3x3 round. You might know that technically, your hands have more bacteria than your feet. Someone else mentioned this in a similar thread— I don’t remember who. Sorry— and they also mentioned that while grossness can be understandable, general hygiene can’t. I don’t really think the community knows this. Also, it seems like the majority of people who don’t like feet have never even tried it once. So, they’ve just preemptively decided they hate feet. I mean, how would you know if you haven’t even tried it?
I have tried it and could hardly turn the cube at all. Different people have different opinions, but I can see your point

Shaun Mack

lol i just got onto this thread and my one question is why is OH in the poll thing? all the arguments for removing feet dont apply for OH.

PugCuber

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have tried it and could hardly turn the cube at all. Different people have different opinions, but I can see your point
Ok. I can understand that you don’t like it; considering the fact that you HAVE actually tried it. It’s the fact that the majority of people who hate feet just preemptively decide they don’t like it before they’ve even tried it. I mean, you don’t know until you give it a go. You know what I’m saying?

lol i just got onto this thread and my one question is why is OH in the poll thing? all the arguments for removing feet dont apply for OH.
It’s because the majority of the people who hate feet have just preemptively decided they don’t like it without even trying it, only because it looks, sounds, and seems gross or stupid.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Because it’s prejudicial. And inasmuch as any of those reasons have any objective basis they are false.
Likes and dislikes are inherently prejudicial. "Seems gross" is a perfectly legitimate reason to not like something or to not try it. People do it ALL THE TIME with food, for example. You can disagree with that assessment but you also can't force someone to NOT think something "seems gross".

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Likes and dislikes are inherently prejudicial. "Seems gross" is a perfectly legitimate reason to not like something or to not try it. People do it ALL THE TIME with food, for example. You can disagree with that assessment but you also can't force someone to NOT think something "seems gross".

“Seems gross” is a legitimate reason to not try something, although one is a better person who can overcome that initial distaste and try it anyway. It is absolutely not a legitimate reason to stand in the way of another person enjoying it.

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
“Seems gross” is a legitimate reason to not try something, although one is a better person who can overcome that initial distaste and try it anyway. It is absolutely not a legitimate reason to stand in the way of another person enjoying it.
I agree but that isn't what I was talking about. See the post I originally responded to.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
I agree but that isn't what I was talking about. See the post I originally responded to.
I don’t think anybody has ever said that anybody should be forced to compete in any event, just that you shouldn’t be removing an event or arguing for its removal if you haven’t competed in that event.

PugCuber

WCA
2017CONN04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don’t think anybody has ever said that anybody should be forced to compete in any event, just that you shouldn’t be removing an event or arguing for its removal if you haven’t competed in that event.
I 100% agree. You never know until you give it a go. You might like it after trying it. Honestly, feet’s just a fun event. Last year, it was my least favorite event. Now, it’s my third favorite. The WCA is just getting rid of so much recent progress.