• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CornerCutter

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I need 2 algs for 2x2 speedsolving.

SAM_2091.jpg
Yellow is on the D face and I have the headlights. I there a faster and shorter alg for just 2x2 solving? F R U R' U' R U R' U' R U R' U' F' takes too long and it's hard to do on my cube because it doesn't corner cut.

SAM_2096.jpg
Yellow is on the D face and 3 of the 4 pieces are in place. Is there a better way to insert this piece than R U2 R' U' R U R' ?

Thanks for any algs.

PurpleBanana

View attachment 6148
Yellow is on the D face and I have the headlights. I there a faster and shorter alg for just 2x2 solving? F R U R' U' R U R' U' R U R' U' F' takes too long and it's hard to do on my cube because it doesn't corner cut.

View attachment 6147
Yellow is on the D face and 3 of the 4 pieces are in place. Is there a better way to insert this piece than R U2 R' U' R U R' ?

Thanks for any algs.
1) R2 U2 R' U2 R2
2) R2 U R2 U' R2

unsolved

View attachment 6148

View attachment 6147

Thanks for any algs.

Can you give me the disposition of all of the colors on your cube? I have a database of all solutions for every possible corner arrangement. I'd like to test it against your cube and see if it works.

unsolved

huge_cube_reduced.jpg

Now I'm fully convinced the Cage Method for larger cubes is a very, very bad idea!

Has anyone ever discovered a generic alg for moving a center from any "row" and "column" to any row or column for large cubes? Some of these centers are just not listening to me when I derive what I thought would be the way to do it!

Loiloiloi

WCA
2016CLAR04
What do you do when you have a bar on 2x2 first layer? Usually I just take out one of the pieces that need to be swapped and replace it with the other one, then insert the remaining piece, but that takes way too many moves and prevents one looking. Anyone have an alg for this? I know when its Y-perm for first layer you can just do R2 F2 R2

RhysC

WCA
2014CAMP02
YouTube
Visit Channel
What do you do when you have a bar on 2x2 first layer? Usually I just take out one of the pieces that need to be swapped and replace it with the other one, then insert the remaining piece, but that takes way too many moves and prevents one looking. Anyone have an alg for this? I know when its Y-perm for first layer you can just do R2 F2 R2

R U' R2 F R2 U' R'

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
R U R' F' R U R U' R U R' U' (EG1 alg)

Edit: I don't do this though, usually I'll just use Ortega in such a scenario.

D

Daniel Lin

Another super similar F2L question...
Open slots in FR and BR, pairs that can be inserted with (R U R') and (R' U' R).
(U2) L R U' R' U L' U2 R' U' R
or (U2) L' R' U R U' L U2 R U R'

I guess this is the right place to ask.

Does someone have a list of feet PLLs? Do the top feet solvers even use special algs for that?

They do use special algorithms.
From Antoine Cantin's cubing website you can find some PLLs that he prefers to use for his feet rather than hands.
Here's Antoine's WCA record, just to give you an idea of his cubing experience:
I hope I helped.

Can I get a U-Perm alg with 'M' slices?

Last edited: