• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I_<3_SCS

So I've been on a hiatus from cubing for four years on account of high school. Looking at the usual cube stores (scs, cubicle), I can't find any variety of stickers whatsoever. Specifically, I'm looking for stickers for a shengshou megaminx and a florian modded shengshou 5x5. I remember thecubicle used to sell both these sticker sets, but now they don't even appear to have a megaminx stickers option? Are there any stores that still stock lots of different sticker sets?

Hazel

Premium Member
So I've been on a hiatus from cubing for four years on account of high school. Looking at the usual cube stores (scs, cubicle), I can't find any variety of stickers whatsoever. Specifically, I'm looking for stickers for a shengshou megaminx and a florian modded shengshou 5x5. I remember thecubicle used to sell both these sticker sets, but now they don't even appear to have a megaminx stickers option? Are there any stores that still stock lots of different sticker sets?
My guess would be that this is because stickered cubes have been becoming less and less popular in recent years. Most cubers nowadays seem to prefer stickerless. They still provide 3x3 and other such events because there's still a market for those, but all of the current best megaminxes (or at least the sculped versions) only come in stickerless. So few people use Shengshou megaminxes that there's just no reason for these stores to continue to support stickers for them.

5.1pyrso

WCA
2016SING01
Hello!

I have an old Mini Aolong 3x3 which I plan to resticker as due to my old follies, I had taken many stickers off. I cannot buy mini Aolong stickers as they are no longer available in my country, but regular sized Aolong stickers are. Would it be ok if I put regular sized stickers on the mini one? Will they act as full fitted stickers?

2018AMSB02

Premium Member
WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello!

I have an old Mini Aolong 3x3 which I plan to resticker as due to my old follies, I had taken many stickers off. I cannot buy mini Aolong stickers as they are no longer available in my country, but regular sized Aolong stickers are. Would it be ok if I put regular sized stickers on the mini one? Will they act as full fitted stickers?

I don’t think so. One of the main differences in stickers is whether or not the corners are rounded off, on full fitted ones they are not and on half fitted they are. This means that there is not that much difference in the size. I think that the half fitted stickers would still overhang on the cube, but I could be wrong so someone let me know if I am.

5.1pyrso

WCA
2016SING01
I don’t think so. One of the main differences in stickers is whether or not the corners are rounded off, on full fitted ones they are not and on half fitted they are. This means that there is not that much difference in the size. I think that the half fitted stickers would still overhang on the cube, but I could be wrong so someone let me know if I am.
Thanks for the reply!
This is also my main problem. I measured the normal stickers, and they come about to be 196 square millimeters, whereas the stickers on the mini one are 144 square millimeters and the mini pieces are approximately 289 square millimeters. I think it is reasonable to assume that they will fit. My main problem isn't if they are full fitted or not, but I just hope that they fit. Thoughts?

D

Deleted member 54663

The flourescent orange on the Guogan XInghen 2x2 and MGC 4x4(my first 2 stickered cubes) looked extremely ugly, and i would have loved it if it was a shade of orange like the stickerless cubes. I thought it would be somewhat like a rubik's brand, but it wasn't. Does anyone else have the same problem, and if they do, what sticker shade(scs) is better for my taste?

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
The flourescent orange on the Guogan XInghen 2x2 and MGC 4x4(my first 2 stickered cubes) looked extremely ugly, and i would have loved it if it was a shade of orange like the stickerless cubes. I thought it would be somewhat like a rubik's brand, but it wasn't. Does anyone else have the same problem, and if they do, what sticker shade(scs) is better for my taste?
wow 7 month bump lol

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
JPCubing made a new thread asking this question, but it got moved to this thread because it wasn’t necessary to make a new thread.
yea but it woudnt have been necessary either way. He would bump a thread, or he would just make an unnecesary new thread
i can understand why he made a new thread so he wouldnt bump the other thread

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
yea but it woudnt have been necessary either way. He would bump a thread, or he would just make an unnecesary new thread
i can understand why he made a new thread so he wouldnt bump the other thread
This is THE sticker thread. The thread to talk about stickering a cube. And, a 7 month bump doesn’t matter as long it is adding to the conversation.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone know which sticker shades from TC or SCS would most closely match these Dayan shades? (Little Magic 4x4 for reference)

My guess is "standard shades" with pastel orange. The yellow is more gold like on older puzzles.

IMG_20201010_160714.jpg

Last edited:

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
The issue I have with TC is that they don't appear to have 57 mm "classic" stickers, with all the stickers the same shape.
True. If you really wanted, you could order two of each shade and use the center plus the corners of each sheet, since the corners are the same.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you can buy some straight sticker material from specialty stores and cut them yourself if you really want the classic square stickers.
you could do some arts craft and make them yourself

Yes I could, but no reason to if SCS says they sell classic square stickers.

I thought the Lunhui was 57 mm but other sites say it's 56 mm. I actually think it's 56 mm based on measuring it with my RS3M.

Last edited: