• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

I_<3_SCS

So I've been on a hiatus from cubing for four years on account of high school. Looking at the usual cube stores (scs, cubicle), I can't find any variety of stickers whatsoever. Specifically, I'm looking for stickers for a shengshou megaminx and a florian modded shengshou 5x5. I remember thecubicle used to sell both these sticker sets, but now they don't even appear to have a megaminx stickers option? Are there any stores that still stock lots of different sticker sets?

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've been on a hiatus from cubing for four years on account of high school. Looking at the usual cube stores (scs, cubicle), I can't find any variety of stickers whatsoever. Specifically, I'm looking for stickers for a shengshou megaminx and a florian modded shengshou 5x5. I remember thecubicle used to sell both these sticker sets, but now they don't even appear to have a megaminx stickers option? Are there any stores that still stock lots of different sticker sets?
My guess would be that this is because stickered cubes have been becoming less and less popular in recent years. Most cubers nowadays seem to prefer stickerless. They still provide 3x3 and other such events because there's still a market for those, but all of the current best megaminxes (or at least the sculped versions) only come in stickerless. So few people use Shengshou megaminxes that there's just no reason for these stores to continue to support stickers for them.

5.1pyrso

WCA
2016SING01
Hello!

I have an old Mini Aolong 3x3 which I plan to resticker as due to my old follies, I had taken many stickers off. I cannot buy mini Aolong stickers as they are no longer available in my country, but regular sized Aolong stickers are. Would it be ok if I put regular sized stickers on the mini one? Will they act as full fitted stickers?

PingPongCuber

WCA
2018AMSB02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello!

I have an old Mini Aolong 3x3 which I plan to resticker as due to my old follies, I had taken many stickers off. I cannot buy mini Aolong stickers as they are no longer available in my country, but regular sized Aolong stickers are. Would it be ok if I put regular sized stickers on the mini one? Will they act as full fitted stickers?
I don’t think so. One of the main differences in stickers is whether or not the corners are rounded off, on full fitted ones they are not and on half fitted they are. This means that there is not that much difference in the size. I think that the half fitted stickers would still overhang on the cube, but I could be wrong so someone let me know if I am.

5.1pyrso

WCA
2016SING01
I don’t think so. One of the main differences in stickers is whether or not the corners are rounded off, on full fitted ones they are not and on half fitted they are. This means that there is not that much difference in the size. I think that the half fitted stickers would still overhang on the cube, but I could be wrong so someone let me know if I am.
Thanks for the reply!
This is also my main problem. I measured the normal stickers, and they come about to be 196 square millimeters, whereas the stickers on the mini one are 144 square millimeters and the mini pieces are approximately 289 square millimeters. I think it is reasonable to assume that they will fit. My main problem isn't if they are full fitted or not, but I just hope that they fit. Thoughts?

Want to hide this ad and support the community?