• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Shengshou 3x3 stickers

I have a Shengshou 3x3 cube, and the stickers that it came with feel rough. They're rough, yet slippery. I can't really explain the feeling, I'm just not a huge fan. I wanted to buy stickers online but I don't know which ones to get or what site to buy through. Also, how do I go about taking the stickers off? Thanks :D

Does anyone here like the worn-out look of stickers? I think it looks cool when my Dayan Zhanchi's stickers are fading at the corners. It makes it look like I'm very diligent in my practice.

P.S. Check out my new signature...

Well, I've read through all 34 pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer to my question, so....

I'm soon going to re-sticker my 3x3x3. I use CFOP, and always start on the same colour (blue, dontcha know), so I assume my cube must have developed some wear that reflects my solving strategy. Do you think I should replace the stickers like-for-like (as that is how it's bedded in), or is it worth stickering the green face with the blue stickers, & vice-versa, etc so I'm solving the 'opposite way' and evening out the wear?
Just curious, really.

WCA
2015MANS03
YouTube
P3NGU1N5D0NTFLY
Does anyone here like the worn-out look of stickers? I think it looks cool when my Dayan Zhanchi's stickers are fading at the corners. It makes it look like I'm very diligent in my practice.

I love the look of worn stickers, but even though I practice a lot I cant wear mine down... moyu... too good...

Well, I've read through all 34 pages of this thread and couldn't find the answer to my question, so....

I'm soon going to re-sticker my 3x3x3. I use CFOP, and always start on the same colour (blue, dontcha know), so I assume my cube must have developed some wear that reflects my solving strategy. Do you think I should replace the stickers like-for-like (as that is how it's bedded in), or is it worth stickering the green face with the blue stickers, & vice-versa, etc so I'm solving the 'opposite way' and evening out the wear?
Just curious, really.
It really doesnt matter. If you want to prevent wear on the cube, sure do it, why not. It doesnt make that much of a difference in the cube and it doesnt take that much effort to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it will make any difference, either, what got me thinking was the state of my stickers. My starting face stickers are completely destroyed, the 'middle band' ones are medium, the last face stickers are noticeably better. This is mostly due to OH abuse. It's easy to imagine the innards might have some asymmetric wear, though inspection of the cubies doesn't show any visible difference. I'll try reversing the colours, when the stickers turn up. Kong (Ukcubestore) is out of stock, it seems..

YouTube
Cubing4Taiwan

Yes. But I couldn't get them to wear (because I needed a reason to get new stickers), but I got new stickers anyway. The new stickers were full-size, and didn't really fit my AoLong, and it kept chipping. I think it makes me look like I practice for like 3 hours per day (as a matter of fact, I do.)

57 mm Cube with Mini Stickers

Hey guys, I've been restickering almost all my cubes lately, and I've come to realize one thing. For the most part, thecubicle' stickers (which I love) are slightly bigger than most stock stickers. All my Aolongs had a nice and vibrant black border around the cubies before I replaced the stickers, which cover most of the cube. I was wondering if anyone has tried using 54.6 mm or any mini sized sticker set to resticker a standard 57 mm puzzle. Does anyone have a sticker set that size they can try on and share? Would the stickers look way too small? I'm really curious as to if those would resemble the Moyu stock look, which I really enjoy. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
I put mini fangshi size stickers on a standard cube and I didn't really like the result. I'm not sure if it's because of the increased border or because I used full brights (think I've decided I prefer darker shades). So all I know is smaller bright stickers didn't look very good to me. Might put up some pictures later

I put mini fangshi size stickers on a standard cube and I didn't really like the result. I'm not sure if it's because of the increased border or because I used full brights (think I've decided I prefer darker shades). So all I know is smaller bright stickers didn't look very good to me. Might put up some pictures later
Oh please please do! That's exactly what I consider doing. I use the Moyu shades from TheCubicle and am considering restickering a few black Aolong's with the mini FangShi or mini Aolong cut stickers. Does anyone know if they are the same shape, just different sizes? The FangShi ones, though they are .1 mm bigger, therefore would be closer to the 57 mm stickers, seem kinda blocky compared to any other Aolong cut stickers. I'm not sure that if I wanna try this whole mini sticker set on standard cube experiment, I should use those. Sorry if I'm making little sense or asking too many things at once. Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited: