• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Rouxster

I've been thinking about making an algset that would solve cmll while solving the front pair of second block.
By doing some math, I found out that there would be 162 algs for the pair that can be inserted with R U' R' ,and 162 more for the pair that can be inserted r u r'.
I've only made 18 algs so far by cancelling into cmll's, zbll's , and ollcp's. They are around 9 - 10 moves long on average.

Does anyone think this could be usefull??

I've been thinking about making an algset that would solve cmll while solving the front pair of second block.
By doing some math, I found out that there would be 162 algs for the pair that can be inserted with R U' R' ,and 162 more for the pair that can be inserted r u r'.
I've only made 18 algs so far by cancelling into cmll's, zbll's , and ollcp's. They are around 9 - 10 moves long on average.

Does anyone think this could be usefull??
That exists. It is called SBC.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
has anyone made a guide on how to effectively switch from cfop to roux?
It really isn't hard. Just make sure you know 2 look CMLL and learn how to do efficient block building. I use both CFOP and Roux because I want to be sub-10 with both. I avg 10-12ish w/ CFOP and around 14-16 with Roux with very minimal Roux practice simply because I practiced block building. I think a lot of people get really discouraged trying Roux from CFOP because they just insert the DL and DR edges and just do F2L pairs, which negates the whole point of Roux: Efficiency. Hope that helped!

Athefre

Back years ago when I was actually practicing and doing my 300 solves a day, there was a block technique that I was using. I'm not sure if I ever detailed the technique anywhere. I haven't noticed this in the example solves that I've seen recently, so I wanted to share this as something additional that Roux users can implement into their solves. It is essentially non-linear blockbuilding, but structured in the traditional Roux form. What you do is, if there are any pre-built pairs from the opposite block, you store those within the first block. So you have a 1x2x3 on the left consisting of a 1x2x2 and a pair from the opposite side block. Below are some examples:

Scramble: L' D F' D2 F' U D' F D2 R2 B2 D' F2 L2 B2 L2 U' L2 F2 U'
1x2x3 with stored pair: z2 U F r2 D F2
1x2x2: r’ U M2 U R’ F2
1x2x3: r2 U’ M2 U’ r

Scramble: F' U D' F' R2 B D2 L' U R2 D2 L F2 B2 R2 B2 L' U2 R2
1x2x3 with stored pair: z2 B L B’ F r’ F
Form and replace: M U2 M’ F’
1x2x2: r U’
1x2x3: R U R U’ R’ U2 r U R’

Scramble: D R' L2 U' B2 U2 F2 R2 U2 F2 U' R2 D R2 B R' B' D2 F' D2 U'
1x2x3 with stored pair: y2 x R’ D2 r B
Form and replace: R2 U’ R2 r’ U
1x2x2: L U2 R U’ M U
1x2x3: R U M2 U’ R

Many Roux users, after some experience with the method, have the idea of building a 1x2x2 on the left and a 1x2x2 on the right because this feels more free. This is what has become known as non-linear blocks. The problem is that this creates a situation where you now have to check the FL edge and FDL corner as part of the look-ahead after the two squares. With pair storage you already have your future pair built for a 1x2x2 on the right and you get to keep the easier Roux style lookahead.

+ Helps the solver avoid some of the bad first block cases. Instead of creating that final pair that may take you 4-5 moves, store the pre-built or 1-2 move opposite pair.
+ Nowadays many Roux users plan/track the DR edge. Same thing can be done here. Or plan/track one of the other edges.
+ Can influence the edge that goes with the stored pair while building the first block or after. Influencing can mean that a 1x2x2 on the right is formed with the same move that is replacing the stored pair.
+ Can instead build a 1x2x2 of the second block first, then build the required pair for the first block.
+ Lots of other possibilities to improve movecount and planning during inspection. A stored pair that is flipped is another option. Then you just change your store and replace procedure to have the stored pair be oriented a certain way after being replaced. Example: U2 F' r2 U R' versus r2 F R U' R'. The same orientation tricks can apply if the pair is already oriented.

Atomixcc

Hi peeps!
I’m averaging 40 and have a pb of 35. I’ve also found the quickest way for most cases(for me). I’m wondering whether I should learn advanced or keep going on beginner roux. Here are my splits if it helps

1&2 block- 15-20 sec
Corner perm and orient 5-7 sec
Edge perm 3-5 sec
Rest 5-7 sec
These stats is estimated
Thanks in advance

Kaneki Uchiha

Hi peeps!
I’m averaging 40 and have a pb of 35. I’ve also found the quickest way for most cases(for me). I’m wondering whether I should learn advanced or keep going on beginner roux. Here are my splits if it helps

1&2 block- 15-20 sec
Corner perm and orient 5-7 sec
Edge perm 3-5 sec
Rest 5-7 sec
These stats is estimated
Thanks in advance
what do you mean by ''advanced roux''?
if you mean full cmll? do it as soon as you can

D

Deleted member 54663

I average 16/15 with cfop, and am trying roux. I average either 40 or 1 minute, very inconsistent. Any tips? My blocks are done in an f2l-style way, so i can improve on that. And maybe in my EO and last step.