• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kaneki Uchiha

look at kian mansour's transitioning from beginner to intermediate blocks video. learn 2l cmll. Figure out eo by doing MU moves its better to o this than learn algs. for the last step dont just spam MU moves try to recognize what cycle you have, 2e2e should'nt be that hard to recognize

D

Deleted member 54663

look at kian mansour's transitioning from beginner to intermediate blocks video. learn 2l cmll. Figure out eo by doing MU moves its better to o this than learn algs. for the last step dont just spam MU moves try to recognize what cycle you have, 2e2e should'nt be that hard to recognize
I know 2l cmll, and i try to setup to the m' u* m* case to finish eo. Yes, I know how to solve 3-cycles, double swaps, and center swaps, and the last step is the easiest for me. Thank you, I need to work on my blocks.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Watch critical cubing first block guide. Excellent block building tips. This thread was not needed though. Just ask things like this in the Roux thread.

D

Deleted member 54663

By advanced I mean the faster/harder version
Yes, There is no "Advanced Method", its just fast or slow. I think he meant advanced blockbuilding and full cmll, which you can achieve sub 10 times with. All you need is to familiarize yourself with the method and be as efficient as possible.

RiceMan_

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Don’t switch to Roux.
Don't switch to Roux.
Just one question: since when are we discouraging trying a new method? Why not try something new? What reason is there to not switch? I don’t assume that you are saying this just to be discouraging but I’m curious as to the reason you guys said this.

Just to be clear, I use Roux. However, my goal in saying this is not to have more people switch to the method that I use. I hope that I would say the same thing if someone who wanted to learn a new method was discouraged from switching to CFOP or any other method.

D

Deleted member 54663

Nvm, I'm not going to switch to roux since I can't do megaminx anymore. I did get about 7 sub 40 solves in 1 day though(16 seconds on cfop). Maybe I will check it out later again, along with zz

CrispyCubing

WCA
2019YODE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Nvm, I'm not going to switch to roux since I can't do megaminx anymore.
Of course you can still do megaminx! If you don’t want to that’s fine, but you don’t have use CFOP for 3x3 to get fast at megaminx. I’m sure it could help to some degree (topic for a different time) but it’s not a requirement. Although it might be more comfortable to use CFOP. It all depends on how you feel about it but I’m just raising the other side of the argument.

I’m just about as fast as you are with for CFOP (16) and I avg sub 1:20 on megaminx. Slow, but I have plenty of room for improvement.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Nvm, I'm not going to switch to roux since I can't do megaminx anymore. I did get about 7 sub 40 solves in 1 day though(16 seconds on cfop). Maybe I will check it out later again, along with zz
I suggest picking one method and getting reasonably fast, whatever you might consider that to be, and then start learning other methods. Then you can practice your main method, and when you get bored/tired of practicing it, you can do more fun solves with different methods. I personally like learning and using different methods because it's fun, but also because you can learn a lot of tricks to apply to other methods.

oneshot

YouTube
Visit Channel
I’m old so go easy. I need a link to a tutorial (I’m not sure of the name of the step) for the part after building the second block. Right now I do a weird alg to get the corners in the right place then the R U R’ U R U2 R’ over and over to get all yellows on top. I think there must be a set of algs that combine those steps, right? And I would prefer ease over speed. I’m at 48 seconds so I don’t need the absolute fastest way, just an improvement.
thanks!

D

Deleted member 55877

I’m old so go easy. I need a link to a tutorial (I’m not sure of the name of the step) for the part after building the second block. Right now I do a weird alg to get the corners in the right place then the R U R’ U R U2 R’ over and over to get all yellows on top. I think there must be a set of algs that combine those steps, right? And I would prefer ease over speed. I’m at 48 seconds so I don’t need the absolute fastest way, just an improvement.
thanks!
The step you are referring to is called CMLL (where you solve all 4 yellow corners). It seems that you repeat the sune algorithm to orient the corners, which is fine for beginners. If you want to learn the algs to orient the corners in one step I'd recommend watching:
But at your level I think you should focus more on L6E and blockbuilding

oneshot

YouTube
Visit Channel
The step you are referring to is called CMLL (where you solve all 4 yellow corners). It seems that you repeat the sune algorithm to orient the corners, which is fine for beginners. If you want to learn the algs to orient the corners in one step I'd recommend watching:
But at your level I think you should focus more on L6E and blockbuilding
Yeah so it’s basically what I do, I guess I’m just extremely slow with both recognition and execution of CMLL. I’ll have to learn to finger trick the algs eventually. Thanks