• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
I was using arrow eolr and uf ub. Ok my bad sorta a comination of htm and stm. So double moves are counted as one move and slice moves are one move as well. I did get pretty lucky on them, ill try more solves to get a better estimate.

Need tips on roux speedsolving.
Hello everyone been cubing on and off for two years now and sadly just hitting the sub-50 mark. Recently started roux and cmll and lse holding me back a little. I use 2x2 Ortega oll and pll for cmll. Thanx.

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzgIKWl
Hello everyone been cubing on and off for two years now and sadly just hitting the sub-50 mark. Recently started roux and cmll and lse holding me back a little. I use 2x2 Ortega oll and pll for cmll. Thanx.
Welcome to the forums!
It’s cool you use Roux, as to get faster with it, learn techniques from Kian Mansour and do 50 solves every day and I think you’ll be sub-50, even sub-40, in no time!

I found that basic arrow eolr helps a lot on lse, it doesnt take long to learn and its completly intuitive. I learned from Kians videos and it helps a good bit.

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
absoruud
Kian has done so much for the Roux method, in 10 years, everyone will call it the Mansour method. :)

Hi everyone! I've started learning Roux yesterday, and I've got pretty much all of the algorithms written down (only for 2 look CMLL and EO for now), but I've been wondering about something.

I've found many websites with lots of different algorithms for CMLL and that's fine, but for the L case there seems to be 2 different subcases, and I mostly only find one of the 2 in any one website. What I mean is if the yellow corners form an antislash (\) on the top face, I've encountered 2 ways the other yellow corners could be oriented, one where the yellow sticker of the ULF corner is on the left face, and one where the yellow sticker is on the front face. But typically websites only display algorithms for the former subcase, Kian Mansour or Gilles Roux for example only have that, and no algorithm for the latter case.

I've found algorithms for both cases for the orientation part of the 2 look CMLL, but is there something I'm missing there that would explain why Kian for example doesn't have one subcase?

Here are images to show what I mean in a more visual way (taken from here):

algorithm-3x3-CMLL-L-02-Inverse.png algorithm-3x3-CMLL-L-03-Pure.png
Y on front face - Y on left face

Thanks in advance for your answers! :)

I need some help for roux, for those who are good at roux can you tell me ways to get more efficient?
I mostly need help with look ahead but I also need help with my cmlls. I find recognising cmlls hard. I mostly find L cmlls hard to remember. Thanks!

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Hi! I’ve been using roux for around 1.5 months now, and went from a 50 second global average to a 22 second one. I am proud of my improvement, and I am attempting to get sub-20 now. I don’t know full CMLL, and I am currently starting to learn it. However, I know my real problem is with lookahead. I am learning how to track pieces for first block, and my first block is usually pretty good. However, my second block sucks. Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of finding resources to practice lookahead in that manner? (Note: my LSE is pretty good.)

Edit:
Splits:
3-5 sec FB 4-7 SB 3.5 CMLL 6-7.5 LSE

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I mained roux about six months ago, and I’m still having problems with block building inefficiency, I average a accumulative 20 - 26 moves for first and second blocks (I know, it’s sad...), I average anywhere between ~20-~22 seconds. Here are a couple blockbuilding examples I just did.
R2 B U2 F' L2 R2 B' R2 F' D2 F U L' F R B2 L2 D2 F' U' F'

x’ y U’ L D’ R d M’ U2 R’ U R
notice how awkward that f2l pair matchup was.
U2 l’ U2 M U’ l2 (I go brain dead for a sec here) U2 l U’ l’ d M’ U’ M
Not my most proud moment...

L' R2 F U2 F' L2 U2 B U2 F2 U2 F D2 U' B D2 L' R' F L' R
y z D l U2 l2 B’ M2’ R’ U R U’ S R’ U2 R S’ y’ U M’ U’ M
I didn’t know any way around those weird S moves
Please feel free to criticize me on those, and if any of you have any tips, that’d be much appreciated.
Thanks a bunch

WCA
2012LOET01
YouTube
channel/UCKX4VUjMV0bnQWTj_v5vIOQ
Hey everyone, I mained roux about six months ago, and I’m still having problems with block building inefficiency, I average a accumulative 20 - 26 moves for first and second blocks (I know, it’s sad...), I average anywhere between ~20-~22 seconds. Here are a couple blockbuilding examples I just did.

Please feel free to criticize me on those, and if any of you have any tips, that’d be much appreciated.
Thanks a bunch
I have a really hard time following your solutions. I don’t main with Roux but maybe you can get something from my solutions.
1. x’ y’ U R u’ F U r’ U r’ F2
2. y2 x’ F U’ R u2 U2 R’ r2’ F

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...

Thanks a bunch
Honestly, I’m only a bit faster than you (18-20), but I hope I can provide some help.

1. z2 x’ B D’//square F2 U r2 F’//pair and insert U r2 U r’ U2 R2//second square U’ M2 U2 R’ U R//pair+ insert

18 STM, and it’s relatively ergonomic. I may not have done this in a speed solve, but I did find this linearly.

2. x’ z2 U L U’ B// square r U F2 R’//square U’ M’ U2 M r’ U’ r//second block finish R’ F R M U2 M’ l’ U’ l//finish

Not as good. However, I decided to speed solve this (as opposed to analyse the scramble and write moves down) and I got this:
2. y z2 R’ U F’ B’ U’ R’ U’ U R2 U2 B2//first block U’ R2 M U M’ r U R’ M U’ M’ U2 r’ U’ R//second block//CMLL skip lol and then LSE. 13.81 for the whole thing!

I seem to be running into a problem where when i get to LSE, specifically after i solve the UL and UR edges, i find a case where it is not dots, bars, cycles, or anything else that is usually explained in tutorials. It seems to be random placement of these last 4 edges with no apparent pattern. Does anyone know how to solve this because i have tried many different things and i cant seem to solve it.

It sounds like you haven't oriented your edges properly in the first place. If the edges are oriented the last 4 edges will always be one of those cases. Or, you oriented the edges but then broke the orientation when solving UL and UR.
You are limited to specific movesets to solve UL and UR once edges are oriented. It is very confusing at first.