• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

u Cube

YouTube
Visit Channel
for instance Y-Perm (utation) but thanks for the feedback.
Do you mean how y perms + j perms affect pieces so you can predict your EO case? If so you should learn that, it isn't that hard but you should also learn CMLLs (start with H it is easy recognition) but for cases where you don't know the cmll you can at least predict the EO so you can save some time

Etotheipi

I switched from cfop to roux about a week ago, so I'm wondering what would be some good goals to work towards. I have had about a year of cubing experience before hand. Right now I'm working towards first block in 4-5 seconds, is that reasonable?

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I am by no means good at roux. In fact, I started at about the same time as you did! However, I would say that that kind on first block time is a bit much, and is reasonable for someone trying to get sub 20. I average around 35 with roux, and my next goal is sub 30. I don’t know what you average or what your immediate goal is, but I would make reasonable goals and small jumps in times, otherwise you will get demotivated.

Ok. I dont think its to much really, because its just an edge, which normally only takes one move, and two f2l pairs, which are easier to insert and plan than in cfop.
Yeah, but I’m trying to do it as efficiently as possible, with making a 2x2x1 block and then adding a pair, and doing that well takes time for me. I’d say my first block on good solves is around 8 seconds. I know that I’ll get fast, but I want to utilize roux’s abilities to be efficient as much as possible.

Foreright

You do it your way, and I'll do it my way.:p

If you do “CFOP style Roux” you’re missing the point IMHO - the whole point of Roux if efficiency - that might mean doing a CFOP style F2L approach for one solve or building a 3x1 or a 2x2 followed by pair in another whichever is more efficient.

Etotheipi

I am
If you do “CFOP style Roux” you’re missing the point IMHO - the whole point of Roux if efficiency - that might mean doing a CFOP style F2L approach for one solve or building a 3x1 or a 2x2 followed by pair in another whichever is more efficient.
I am aware of that. I still am working on breaking bad CFOP habits since i only started Roux a week ago.

Sue Doenim

HTM? I'm guessing you mean STM. Are you using EOLR or UFUB or anything like that? At any rate, 5 solves is not really a big enough sample size to really judge anything much. There's too much possibility of chance screwing with the average.

Etotheipi

I was using arrow eolr and uf ub. Ok my bad sorta a comination of htm and stm. So double moves are counted as one move and slice moves are one move as well. I did get pretty lucky on them, ill try more solves to get a better estimate.

Need tips on roux speedsolving.
Hello everyone been cubing on and off for two years now and sadly just hitting the sub-50 mark. Recently started roux and cmll and lse holding me back a little. I use 2x2 Ortega oll and pll for cmll. Thanx.

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone been cubing on and off for two years now and sadly just hitting the sub-50 mark. Recently started roux and cmll and lse holding me back a little. I use 2x2 Ortega oll and pll for cmll. Thanx.
Welcome to the forums!
It’s cool you use Roux, as to get faster with it, learn techniques from Kian Mansour and do 50 solves every day and I think you’ll be sub-50, even sub-40, in no time!

Etotheipi

I found that basic arrow eolr helps a lot on lse, it doesnt take long to learn and its completly intuitive. I learned from Kians videos and it helps a good bit.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Kian has done so much for the Roux method, in 10 years, everyone will call it the Mansour method. :)