• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I just mean you told them something not true? i thought this was supposed to be explaining advanced group theory.
EDIT: Never mind misread lol

CopBabyCombo

If F3L was possible then you would only need to know one OLL (M' U2 M U2 M' U M U2 M' U2 M).once you got done with F3L you would not have to spend a fraction of a second to recognize the OLL since you already know the OLL to solve. If F2L is more complicated then layer by Layer, and F2L is way faster, then why wouldn't F3L be faster then F2L?

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not exactly sure what you're thinking of, but I have a pretty good idea. Is this correct?

Example- Scr: L' D2 U' L2 F2 D L2 F2 R2 D2 U' R2 F' L' R2 U2 B' F' U' F'
(y')
L2 F' L' u' R' u // Cross
R' U R y' L' U' L2 U2 L' // 1st F3L
U' R' U2 M F M' U' R // 2nd F3L
R' F R F' U' F' U' F U // 3rd F3L
y R U2 R' U M' F' U2 F r' U2 R U R' U R U2 // Last F3L
U M' U M U' M' U M U M' U2 M U' // L4E

Either way, it is really, really difficult to solve with this. I struggled SOO MUCH with just this one solution. There's a lot of hard thinking involved sometimes, so this would be impossible to speedsolve, unless you want to get 3 minutes or something :p
F3L is WAAYY too hard even without the whole speedsolving aspect, which ya know is probably what you care about. So, my vote goes for F2L. Lmao

Last edited:

Cuberstache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was just casual solving and then I got to the last pair and didn't solve EO before inserting the pair. I didn't even get the time to regret before seeing the OLL was F R U R' U' F' and pll skip.
I had the exact same thing happen to me a couple years ago, in competition:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Welp, nationals got cancelled postponed indefinitely here, thanks to the nCoV situation. (Probably a good thing because both my Wuji and Spark are in non-comp-legal conditions currently…)

Wait, does that include the world or just that area? Cause I already bought a plane ticket from Mars to NA champs, and it's very hard to get ahold of ISS Airlines.

xyzzy

Wait, does that include the world or just that area? Cause I already bought a plane ticket from Mars to NA champs, and it's very hard to get ahold of ISS Airlines.
Is the comp still listed on the WCA website? If yes, you're good to go.

xyzzy

Ok, I'm fine. I thought I was gonna have to cancel my plane ticket. It was very hard to get a ticket from mars to there, so I wasn't looking forward to contacting ISS Airlines.
I mean, I'd be more concerned about the return trip. We don't have any service to send people to Mars yet; how're you going to go back there?

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I mean, I'd be more concerned about the return trip. We don't have any service to send people to Mars yet; how're you going to go back there?
It’s easy, he just has to book a normal plane flight, equipped with Mandalorian iron armour and a powerful big cannon. And also make sure he’s facing towards Mars. And make sure his colony is facing towards him. Then he can press the red button, escape the atmosphere, and have a happy journey to Mars :)

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

I hired the ISS to take me down, I'm just tying a rope to it before they drop me off. Then I'll climb up it and they'll take me back to Mars.

N's-cvt

First official post as I am new to the forums and starting off with a general question I have had for a few years is which method looks cooler to watch some solve with? Just wanted to see what the cubers out there think.