• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
A classmate just told me that the cutoff for 4×4×4 at Singapore Open dropped from 70 seconds to 60 seconds…

I'm guessing it's not possible to improve by ten seconds in two days, RIP.
Just hope you get lucky on the first 2 solves.

Also 1:40 5x5 cutoffs wow, what is UWR for hardest 5x5 cutoff?

xyzzy

Just hope you get lucky on the first 2 solves.

Also 1:40 5x5 cutoffs wow, what is UWR for hardest 5x5 cutoff?

Lol yeah, I'll try. I think the cutoffs are quite a bit stricter than "usual" cutoffs because last year's comp was quite far behind the planned schedule.

D

Daniel Lin

i just realized
my 3BLD times are roughly double my 3x3 times

I'm sub 30 3BLD and sub 15 3x3
and my 3BLD pb is 18.86 while 3x3 is 9.42
pb av5 is low 25, while for 3x3 it's low 12

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
got 3 overall PBs in my comp this weekend :) this brings my total of overall PBs gotten in comp (including former ones) to 23 :O

how many have y'all gotten
5bld was pb, second success ever
The two 9/10 multis were 10 cube attempt pbs, fmc nr mean was overall PB since i dont do means except officially

I believe 3:08 nr single was overall pb at the time.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Just a funny convo with a sub-9 guy i had...

Me: Don't you hate it when you spend 10s of inspection tracking this pair and then the corner and edge end up in separate slots?
Him: uhh, then why did you track that pair?
Me: I didn't know it would end up in that spot...
Him: lol

Ksh13

WCA
2016HARA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
got 3 overall PBs in my comp this weekend :) this brings my total of overall PBs gotten in comp (including former ones) to 23 :O

46.27 4x4 average and 1:22.31 5x5 single, which was PB by 6 seconds. And FMC single I guess since I have never done a proper FMC attempt with all WCA rules at home.

Torch

WCA
2014GOSL01
YouTube
Visit Channel

47.51 4x4 single (Indiana 2015), 27 FMC single (Florida Feast 2014, FMC USA 2015, Athens Winter 2016), 1:21.07 Mega single (Athens Summer Omega 2016), 5.71 Pyra single and 7.49 Pyra average (Indiana 2015)

Hm, that's more than I thought!

TheMachanga

WCA
2010LECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that almost every single youtube cubing video has crappy EDM playing the whole time, be it a solve or a tutorial or even background music. And if the video doesn't have music playing during the video itself, you better believe there'll be a 10 second intro with EDM blasting in your face.

Does anyone have any channel reccomondations that don't do this? I'm slowly getting back into cubing and recently have been lurking around the youtube cubing community (wow things have changed haha)

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that almost every single youtube cubing video has crappy EDM playing the whole time, be it a solve or a tutorial or even background music. And if the video doesn't have music playing during the video itself, you better believe there'll be a 10 second intro with EDM blasting in your face.

Does anyone have any channel reccomondations that don't do this? I'm slowly getting back into cubing and recently have been lurking around the youtube cubing community (wow things have changed haha)
Mine doesn't but there's only one video so it might not be of much use (just snarky and sarcastic captions)

Kavin and Kian don't normally but they use roux so may be of limited use.

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel

My channel! I've been firmly against this since the start. No intros and no music and no rambling.

youtube.com/JPerm

I make tutorials on everything :)

Joel2274

I don't know many channels that don't have intro music...why does it bother you so much? Do you just not like EDM?

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel

This is one of the main reasons why I don't bother watching any cubing videos any more. I don't watch anything if there's a >5 second intro, and if there's music going on I also won't listen.

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Try this Australian BigBLDer. He's the one that got me into this type of music and now I love it.
AQBBQA
Edit: His latest video

Last edited:

Elo13

WCA
2016ELOV01
YouTube
Visit Channel

At my first comp I got a 2:06.xx 5x5 solve and 2:27.xx average (pb by 12 and 5 seconds respectively)
Last weekend I was 0.1 seconds off my 4x4 overall pb and would have been extremely close to mega overall pb avg if I didn't DNF a 1:19 because of a corner twist