• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys
A couple of days ago, one of our new kittens walked across the keyboard while I was doing stuff on my laptop.

He opened like 6 new windows and typed into the search bar of one:

kiamnsq1
clearly he forgot that his name is kian mansour instead of kiam nansour

The future has been predicted by my kitten :eek:
Kian should be getting into sq-1 any time soon

CubeCubeCube

Hello
I figured out that one can divide the Y Perm into 4 steps (should be obvious) and if you put it into two other arragements it will result in a T- or a J-Perm (F and F' or R and R are left out or written as R2 so it is mostly not directly visible).
For me it makes learning those two algs (I knew the Y-Perm already from 2x2) really easy to me. So do you know other similarities? (Besides something like L-Perm=J mirrored :p)

Ksh13

WCA
2016HARA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I just looked through Feliks' old videos (like mid-2009 old) and it seems that at that point of time he averaged about the same as me on pretty much everything 2-7 except 5x5 (10-11 on 3x3, 50-something on 4x4, low 3 on 6x6, low 5 on 7x7, 3 or something on 2x2). On 5x5 I average ~1:45 and on July 20th 2009 he uploaded his 1:16 5x5 Australian Record single. I also noticed that in March 2009 his PB single was 1:25. I'm thinking like, how much 5x5 did he practice back then? Cause it seems like it would have to be a crazy amount, since he improved by over 10 seconds in 3 months on a V-cube 5, and he was so much better at it than he was at all other things (he actually had a PB Ao5 of 9.76 on 3x3 in July 2009).

Prior to this weekend, the number of official sub-6 solves was exactly 100. I just thought I'd point that out, since it seems like a pretty big milestone.

31 of them were by Feliks.