• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

bobo11420

WCA
2011SOUT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, im still relatively new to cubing ( 2 months ) and i have purchased a white Guhong from icubemart. I love it, however there seems to be a slight problem. No matter how loose, or how tight i adjust the tension screws, the tension doesn't change. The white and yellow sides are so lose that you can get the cube to turn just by shaking it, i have checked to make sure the screws are correctly inserted into the core, and they are, any suggestions ?

E

endofdaworld

Hey guys, im still relatively new to cubing ( 2 months ) and i have purchased a white Guhong from icubemart. I love it, however there seems to be a slight problem. No matter how loose, or how tight i adjust the tension screws, the tension doesn't change. The white and yellow sides are so lose that you can get the cube to turn just by shaking it, i have checked to make sure the screws are correctly inserted into the core, and they are, any suggestions ?

The Screws could be broken... or something...
It's like my F2 the screw still goes in, but you can't tension it no matter how many turns you do. I looked at the screw and it was pointy at the end, rather than being flat like the others...and I believe that is the problem :|

o2gulo

Well, like xbrandationx said.. you should change the core / screws ... makes it better than ever :tu dont worry i've experienced this too and it gave me happy results

BelGarion

Lubing and tensioning

Hi! I hate to say this, as it makes me look none too bright. The tensioning aspect tends to throw me for a loop, like my Ghost Hand cube. I tighten the yellow screw a little and tug the face to test the tension, some sides are tight, some sides are loose. :p So I was wondering if anyone knew of any store or such in the Los Angeles area that would take a walk in person, or an online store that would take a shipped in cube, and give it a professional lubing (with Lubix or Maru ) and tensioning for a nominal fee? As the Ghost Hand could use it, the new ShengShou I just got really could use the lubing. Thank you for your time.

LockOMan

Lubix is in Colorado and I bought one of the Ultimate Lubix GuHongs. It comes pre tensioned and lubricated. A great cube. You could try contacting Lubix here.

Nestor

Premium Member
WCA
2013SANC10
This might work --> After having one side correctly tunned to your liking, disassemble the cube. Adjust the tension on the rest of the core sides by:

1) Pulling the side you tunned and measuring how big is the gap between the plastic pieces.
2) Adjusting the tension on the rest of the sides so the gap is the same.

In theory, tension should equal on all the cube.

Johnny.d.p

YouTube
Visit Channel
DaYan GuHong Tension

I have just assembled my GuHong and i am having trouble with tensions. Please tell me a good tension starting from full assembled cube top part of top washer align with center piece top rim. Please explain in turns- e.g 4 90 degree turns...

I have done a Lubix Elite mod to it, so it might be different to normal GuHong and I have lubed it with the lubix method but with silicone spray on a small screwdriver. o_O
I don't have a trusting feeling with my cube because it has at least one pop in every solve if I try to go faster, if I go slow and careful it will not pop but will decrease my time. I want a tension that doesn't pop and is still fast

I am now on a 11 and a half clockwise 90 degree turns from rim level, I trust the cube more but I sometimes have unexpected pops. I still want a better tension!
Thanks
-Johnny

Last edited:

RTh

YouTube
Visit Channel
First of all, lube the cube. Then put the tensions loose enough that you can corner cut about 40-45º, and tight enough so the distance between the core and the base of the middle pieces is about 1'5 mm or less.

That should do it. From there, start working the tensions to your needs.

dabest2500

I had the exact problem before. My cube was lubed.
What I did was take all the corners and edges out, then tighten the cube so that the center and the core are just touching each other.
Now, loosen each side by 1080 degrees (3 full turns). Otherwise, if you try and put the pieces in so tight, it won't go in.
Now, put the cube back together again, and do a few solves to see how it feels.
If you don't like it, loosen it by 180 degrees (half a turn). Now try again.
When you are almost happy with it, but not quite there yet, loosen the cube by even less, 90 degrees (quarter of a turn).
Hope I helped :)

YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you tension a Maru 4x4

I recently purchased a Maru 4x4 and I have taken it apart, lubricated it, and reassembled it. Now I need help tensioning it properly. What is the best way to tension a Maru 4x4? Please tell me with details and provide a good explanation.

Thanks
Sam

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You get a shenshou or Dayan. Lol

Loosen the screws quite a lot and do some mods to it so it's not too clicky. This worked for me but I think I might be the only person who has a Maru that doesn't misalign.

Why the hell did you get a maru?