• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

zinzan8

It’s a push and twist to a certain position. Are you not able to push it in at all? Or not able to twist it? Or is it just not coming off once you push and twist it to the correvt position?

Oliver Pällo

It’s a push and twist to a certain position. Are you not able to push it in at all? Or not able to twist it? Or is it just not coming off once you push and twist it to the correvt position?
I know how the mechanism works and it works on all other sides. I can push the nut in very little with a lot of force. I cant twist the center thing to release it. no i cant get it to the release position.

Any photo of the side which gave the problem to you will be helpful.
it looks identical to the other sides although the white and yellow center twisty things are yellow but others are transparent (yellow side works fine)IMG_4214.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

zinzan8

Does it seem that you can’t push the nut in far enough for the core foot to clear the top of the nut?

69b92032a541228d2fd0c5937da6f57f.jpg

Have you tried removing all the other cubies so you’re left just with this one center cube and seeing underneath why it’s not pushing down all the way?

Oliver Pällo

Does it seem that you can’t push the nut in far enough for the core foot to clear the top of the nut?

69b92032a541228d2fd0c5937da6f57f.jpg

Have you tried removing all the other cubies so you’re left just with this one center cube and seeing underneath why it’s not pushing down all the way?
I disassembled the cube and now the nut popped open when i tried. thank you for the help!

CUBER1265

Speedcubing community,

I’ve noticed that I’ve been turning too fast bad catching a lot. I’m on the tightest setting for my cube to the point where it’s usable, but I’d still like it to be slower. DISCLAIMER, I don’t want to use lubes, because. A, Shipping is a lot, and B, I don’t want to spend anymore money on cubing. Any tips?

CFOP INC

If you have a different cube ( say a rubik's brand ) try turning accurately on that and slowly pick up your speed. When I first started cubing I used a rubik's brand and I have found that my turning is very accerate on all cube due to that.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
Speedcubing community,

I’ve noticed that I’ve been turning too fast bad catching a lot. I’m on the tightest setting for my cube to the point where it’s usable, but I’d still like it to be slower. DISCLAIMER, I don’t want to use lubes, because. A, Shipping is a lot, and B, I don’t want to spend anymore money on cubing. Any tips?
Try applying moderately thick differential oil(if you have it) and make your turning a bit more accurate(use a Rubik's or a dollar store cube for a few days)

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Speedcubing community,

I’ve noticed that I’ve been turning too fast bad catching a lot.
What cube are you using? If you are using a decent modern speedcube, the only things that would cause catching are a) inaccurate turning b) cube too tight/loose.
I’m on the tightest setting for my cube to the point where it’s usable, but I’d still like it to be slower. DISCLAIMER, I don’t want to use lubes, because. A, Shipping is a lot, and B, I don’t want to spend anymore money on cubing. Any tips?
If you want to slow down a cube without lubricant, try using stronger springs. Tightening cubes too much can seriously affect corner cutting which can cause catching. Stronger springs doesn't affect corner cutting.

Last edited:

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Speedcubing community,

There's not much you can do without lube. If you really care that much about shipping go to a local hobby store that sells RC cars and ask for Traxxas Diff Oil. You can't really alter speed without lube, maybe you can swap springs but I'm guessing you don't have any other cubes. Just spending a few dollars on a 7-8 dollar bottle of Traxxas that will literally last you for years is your best option.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree the best option is to buy some Traxxas which is hopefully available where you live.

If you tell us where you live then we can give better recommendations.

CFOP2020

8? My XS only has clear springs, and two sets of nuts: light blue (1 & 3) and dark blue (2 & 4), and then there are like 5 or 6 "click" turns you can make.
I'm a little confused :confused: :?
oh crap i never replied. Im sorry haha, anyway the tensioning system for the XS and the 356 are actually different. The 356 is more akin to GAN's traditional GES nuts, while the tensioning system of the XS is 2 part and is newer. To emulate the system and stock settings of the 356, I reccomend Dark Blue on 2, and 3 clinks on the elasticity :)

rubik2005

oh crap i never replied. Im sorry haha, anyway the tensioning system for the XS and the 356 are actually different. The 356 is more akin to GAN's traditional GES nuts, while the tensioning system of the XS is 2 part and is newer. To emulate the system and stock settings of the 356, I reccomend Dark Blue on 2, and 3 clinks on the elasticity :)
You're good! Thanks for the recommendation, I'll try it today

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
My GAN 11M pro is feeling really odd at the moment, The tightness is always really flimsy and even the strongest corner and core magnets won't make it stable enough and to make things even more annoying, the corner cutting is pretty tight. I urgently want the corner cutting fixed and ideally the flimsiness, but it wouldn't be the end of the world

Last edited:

CFOP2020

My GAN 11M pro is feeling really odd at the moment, The tightness is always really flimsy and even the strongest corner and core magnets won't make it stable enough and to make things even more annoying, the corner cutting is pretty tight. I urgently want the corner cutting fixed and ideally the flimsiness, but it wouldn't be the end of the world
Flimsy? you mean loose? Are you sure you're on the tightest setting?