• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

fortissim2

WCA
2016LAUI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a Volt V1. The U/D layers are super duper sluggish and crappy, but the slice layer is fast as hell.
What can I do to fix this? I've cleaned it 2 times already, and I've put lots of fast lubes on the pieces, but nothing is working out.

(I am getting a YLM Sq1 soon, but I just wanted to know how I can fix this.)

NevEr_QeyX

I have a Volt V1. The U/D layers are super duper sluggish and crappy, but the slice layer is fast as hell.
What can I do to fix this? I've cleaned it 2 times already, and I've put lots of fast lubes on the pieces, but nothing is working out.

Break it in, my YLM squan was the same ootb and it just went away with time (It returned after not having used it for a while and I fixed by doing the same thing)

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel

Well, there is your problem. Even if the lubes are fast, if you put a lot it will slow down your cube. Clean it out all the way and only use very small amounts of something like speedy or silk, then it will become faster. My volt v1 is pretty dry aside from some lubicle 1 and its an acceptable speed.

fortissim2

WCA
2016LAUI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, there is your problem. Even if the lubes are fast, if you put a lot it will slow down your cube. Clean it out all the way and only use very small amounts of something like speedy or silk, then it will become faster. My volt v1 is pretty dry aside from some lubicle 1 and its an acceptable speed.
I don't use several lubes on my cubes, I was just saying that over the 2 cleanups I've put some sort of fast lube into the cube.

And... I don't have Silk or Speedy.

Z

Zubin Park

I don't use several lubes on my cubes, I was just saying that over the 2 cleanups I've put some sort of fast lube into the cube.

And... I don't have Silk or Speedy.
Personally, I use DNM as my "fast" lube, and it works fine. If you don't have certain lubes, thats ok. Fast lubes don't always make the cube as fast as you want it to, so give it some time. What lube are you using?

FinnTheCuber

Is yoyo lube ok? I've been using a heavier one for the core and a really fast lube for the pieces. It makes my puzzles really fast.

EvanTheCuber

Yoyo lube is lube for yoyo's right? I recommend MAX command for the core and MAX fleet for the pieces.

NevEr_QeyX

I've magnetized a ylm 6x6 with 3*2 n35 in inners, 4*2 n35 in middle and mixing 4*2 and 4*1.5 n35 in outers. It is slow even after I have lubed it. How to make it faster?
First you have to clean and relube the screws, then use ONLY DNM-37 for lube and afterwards throw the cube in the garbage and get the MGC 6c6 which comes pre-magnetized for the low low price of $28.21 including shipping using the discount code 'pockets' at checkout
You're welcome @ColorfulPockets, I just made you a few cents, now travel back in time and go buy yourself a loaf of bread from 1901.

P.S. I wish my username was "Fly, Yufus(V2 M)" so I could qualify for the best Gandalf related username *Sad face*

WCA
2023FUKU01
First you have to clean and relube the screws, then use ONLY DNM-37 for lube and afterwards throw the cube in the garbage and get the MGC 6c6 which comes pre-magnetized for the low low price of $28.21 including shipping using the discount code 'pockets' at checkout
You're welcome @ColorfulPockets, I just made you a few cents, now travel back in time and go buy yourself a loaf of bread from 1901.

P.S. I wish my username was "Fly, Yufus(V2 M)" so I could qualify for the best Gandalf related username *Sad face*
It is slow and catchy

NevEr_QeyX

Is it possible to be fixed?

What about yushi v2?
Honestly, 6x6s are slow and bad, the only exeption being the MGC. Even the X-man Shadow, Yushi V2 M, and the Aoshi are all awful in comparison.
The MGC is cheap and the only option for competitive 6x6, unless you want a slow catchy shadow or a slightly faster and more catchy aoshi.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Honestly, 6x6s are slow and bad, the only exeption being the MGC. Even the X-man Shadow, Yushi V2 M, and the Aoshi are all awful in comparison.
The MGC is cheap and the only option for competitive 6x6, unless you want a slow catchy shadow or a slightly faster and more catchy aoshi.
I am not getting the mgc as I am a beginner in 6x6 and I do not compete in 6x6 in comp. A self-magnetized ylm 6x6 is my only 6x6, and I just want to try my best to make my ylm comfortable to use, at least catch less and turn faster. My ylm is so sluggish, even after lubing the pieces and the core. The friction in each turn is so strong that it makes my hands feel tired. Turning feels heavy. How to reduce the friction in each turn?

Last edited: