• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you checked to make sure all the sides are on the same tensions? Perhaps the sides are inconsistent.

I have the Stickerless XS and have had no issues with corner-cutting. Could be the different plastic that simply just needs lubing and breaking in?
I would recommend putting it on 3rd or 2nd click and try to tell if there is a difference. Alternatively, you can use the Dark Blue 2 nut rather than 3 because that is tight. Not sure on why it is different to the stickered one though - again, plastic type perhaps.

Setting I use:
Dark Blue - 2
Clear - 3 or 4
Magnets - Medium (irrelevant)

Jezzular

I had the same Problem.
I disassembled the cube completely and the problem went away.
Don't know why. Now it is good on every setting.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you checked to make sure all the sides are on the same tensions? Perhaps the sides are inconsistent.

I have the Stickerless XS and have had no issues with corner-cutting. Could be the different plastic that simply just needs lubing and breaking in?
I would recommend putting it on 3rd or 2nd click and try to tell if there is a difference. Alternatively, you can use the Dark Blue 2 nut rather than 3 because that is tight. Not sure on why it is different to the stickered one though - again, plastic type perhaps.

Setting I use:
Dark Blue - 2
Clear - 3 or 4
Magnets - Medium (irrelevant)
i’ve like quadruple checked the settings, they’re 100% the same. u just gave me an idea though, maybe there’s something wrong with the internals. i’m gonna try swapping out pieces between the cubes like the nuts and the core. the weird thing is that yes, this might make a little sense on any other cube, but on gan cubes the inner plastic is the same black honeycomb thing. it’s so weird

update: i’ve swapped the springs, the blue nuts, tried your settings, and even swapped the cores. the stickered one still corner cuts great and the stickerless is still awful.

I had the same Problem.
I disassembled the cube completely and the problem went away.
Don't know why. Now it is good on every setting.
i wish it was that easy for me, i’ve re-assembled this cube multiple times

i love this cube so much but the corner cutting makes it so bad so ive decided to buy a new one from someone else on this forum

Last edited:

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have two Gan XS's. a stickered one and a stickerless one. The stickered one feels amazing and it has incredible corner cutting, as it should. My stickerless one, however, is a bit slower. It feels like it has more friction, and more importantly, the corner cutting is really bad. Both cubes are on the exact same settings: clear thing on 4th click, light blue thing on #3. The only difference is the stickered one has just factory lube and the stickerless one has been lubed with Martian, but this has been happening since I took it out of the box. I'd really like to know how to fix this.
Here's a video showing the difference:
You need to loosen your cube bro...

xcross

What tensions/lube should i put in my new warrior w? Just so you know, here are my preferences:

Speed: Medium
Stability: REALLY HIGH
Corner Cutting: As long as it get above 40 degrees it doesn't matter.
Gummy-ness: Slightly. I want just enough resistance in my cube.

And for lubes I own or am willing to buy:
Weight 5
DNM37
Traxxas 50k and 30k

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
DNM 37 makes it really fast as I can tell.
Weight 5/Traxxas 50K slows down the cube a bit, smooths it out.
Weight 3/Traxxas 30K speeds up the cube a bit, smooths it out.
I have the 30K, and it works brilliantly. Smoothness, more speed, improved cornercutting by a mile, etc.

As for tensions, if it feels too loose for you, open up a cap, make 4 quarter turn revolutions clockwise. Repeat for all. If still too loose, repeat. If it becomes too tight after that, make 2 quarter turn revolutions anti clockwise. Fine tune. And vice versa for loosening. When you've found your preference, try tightening the cube a quarter turn revolution repeatedly, until you feel your cube is losing the feel that you like. Stop there, reverse a turn if needed. Now your cube is at the perfect tension for you, and tight as possible without losing that feel (popping, catching, etc)

Cosmic cubes are set up with custom lubes. Supernova is generally considered better then pro setup. Kian's vid should be enough.

sonatasolver

I need help setting up my stickerless GAN XS. It's way to sluggish, my times are 3-5 seconds slower then with my GTX 3M. I have over 600 solves on it and its not getting better. I lubed the core with cubicle black and Dignitas on the pieces. I have washed my cube out and tried different amounts and different lubes. Nothing is making this puzzle fast enough for me. I have tried every setting combo and nothing is working.

What is going on with this thing. Is this puzzle just way slower then the GTX 3M? Im so frustrated with this thing, I keep solving it hoping it will break in and speed up, but it hasn't gotten better.

JTM007

I'm having trouble fixing the tension issues on my gan 356i. All five sides of my cube are fine and have the same tensioning. However the white side of my cube is really loose and turns significantly faster than the other sides. All other sides will do a U1, where as my white side will do U3's and sometimes U4's. I have checked the tensioning on all sides of the cube and they are all on the same number (.6). The white centre is also slightly elevated compared to the other centre pieces. I believe this has something to do with the white side turning so fast and loosely. Can some please help me as I can't use this very expensive cube.

JTM007

I'm having trouble fixing the tension issues on my gan 356i. All five sides of my cube are fine and have the same tensioning. However the white side of my cube is really loose and turns significantly faster than the other sides. All other sides will do a U1, where as my white side will do U3's and sometimes U4's. I have checked the tensioning on all sides of the cube and they are all on the same number (.6). The white centre is also slightly elevated compared to the other centre pieces. I believe this has something to do with the white side turning so fast and loosely. Can some please help me as I can't use this very expensive cube.
I've figured out that the core foot on the white side moves in and out. Whereas the core feet on all five other sides don't do this. How can I get the white side core foot to stop moving in and out?

SpiFunTastic

WCA
2013KOTA01
Hello all,
I'm a pyraminxer who currently averages 2.9 seconds and my x man bell Pyraminx is starting to lock up a lot due to my fast tps... Can anyone please suggest a good setup which can mitigate this problem?

C

Cubinwitdapizza

Hello all,
I'm a pyraminxer who currently averages 2.9 seconds and my x man bell Pyraminx is starting to lock up a lot due to my fast tps... Can anyone please suggest a good setup which can mitigate this problem?
You might want to loosen it a bit, put some Lubicle speedy in it (I think that’s supposed to help a bit) maybe lube the hardware with some thicker lube, like 20k

brododragon

You might want to loosen it a bit, put some Lubicle speedy in it (I think that’s supposed to help a bit) maybe lube the hardware with some thicker lube, like 20k
I have the bell and I tried to loosen it and two not-so-good things happened.
1. Due to it being so tight from SCS setup, I stripped a screw.
2. It locked up more and had even worse corner cutting

My experience might be an oddity, but I wouldn't recommend loosening.

SpiFunTastic

WCA
2013KOTA01
It could be that, that is stripped... It happens quite a bit with gan cubes... If it's stripped that means when ur turning the cube the tensions of that side is automatically loosening.

SpiFunTastic

WCA
2013KOTA01
I have the bell and I tried to loosen it and two not-so-good things happened.
1. Due to it being so tight from SCS setup, I stripped a screw.
2. It locked up more and had even worse corner cutting

My experience might be an oddity, but I wouldn't recommend loosening.
Hmmm... I've never heard of a bell stripping...