• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you are referring to the MU algs, I would suggest you switch to RU or RUS instead. RU is almost as fast and more consistent, and since it's RU-gen there is no grip shift. RUS is less consistent but is by far the fastest, and it also doesn't have the grip shift problem.

I tried switching, but I couldn't figure out how to execute and finger trick them :(

Scollier

Dream inside of a Dream inside of a Dream
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can you give me the RUS algorithms
R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2
R2 U S' U2 S U R2
But next time post here:

D

Deleted member 55877

Good Ua perm, bad Ub. The dlin Ub is the best RUS Ub perm. And the executions are not straightforward, which is why i will make a video on it soon.

D

Deleted member 55877

Gb and Gc are easier to learn than most people think! Don't give up early!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
If you are referring to the MU algs, I would suggest you switch to RU or RUS instead. RU is almost as fast and more consistent, and since it's RU-gen there is no grip shift. RUS is less consistent but is by far the fastest, and it also doesn't have the grip shift problem.

I know both RU and MU U-Perms (my cube isn't set up properly for doing RUS), and I personally prefer the MU versions. RU is not objectively better than MU. I suspect that you practice RU more, so that's why they're much more consistent

D

Deleted member 55877

I know both RU and MU U-Perms (my cube isn't set up properly for doing RUS), and I personally prefer the MU versions. RU is not objectively better than MU. I suspect that you practice RU more, so that's why they're much more consistent
False, actually. I used MU for almost a year, and recently switched to RU.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
OLL should be started once you are close to sub 15
lol no.
I don't think you should put off OLL until sub 15. You should learn the easy cases given below, their mirrors and inverses whenever possible:
The easy cases:
F R U R' U' F'
F U R U' R' F'
F R U R' U' R U R' U' F'
R U R' U' R' F R F'
S R U R' U' R' F R f'
f R' F' R U R U' R' S'
S' R U R' U' R' F R F' U' S
R U R' U' M' U R U' r'
S' R U R' S U' M' U R U' r'
r U R' U R U2 r'
R' U' R' F R F' U R
S' R U R' U R U2 R' U2 S
R U R' U R U2 R' F R U R' U' F' etc.

Just read the title.
Learn them simultaneously while improving F2L. I think you'll finish them at around the 18-19 second range. If you learn the algs above, their inverses and mirrors, you'll finish half of the OLLs!! The other half is easy to learn.

(This is all my experience. I took 3 months to finish both OLL and PLL simultaneously)

my $0.02.

jdh3000

PLL first if you are going to choose. You don't have to put off OLL, just make sure you are comfortable with PLL algs first as to not overwhelm yourself.

Learn 1 or 2 algs a day and you'll have them all in no time. Note which ones are similar, mirrors and the like.