• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

(New) What cubes should be added to the WCA events list?

What cubes should be added to the WCA?

• Curvy copter

Votes: 43 19.1%
  • Team blind

Votes: 78 34.7%
  • 2x2 OH

Votes: 45 20.0%
  • 2 3x3's at once/double OH

Votes: 47 20.9%
  • kilominx

Votes: 136 60.4%
  • ghost cube

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • mirror cube

Votes: 68 30.2%
  • redi cube and mosaic cube

Votes: 73 32.4%
  • master kilominx

Votes: 37 16.4%
  • gear cube

Votes: 26 11.6%
  • master pyraminx

Votes: 41 18.2%
  • feet

Votes: 32 14.2%

• Total voters

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
You're still missing the "none of these" option. Only 2-3 of these events are even reasonable ideas.
No offense to @GAN 356 X , but @Kit Clement is kind of right.

Maybe they could put Magic and Master Magic back in, but they actually scramble it instead of it being the same thing over and over. That would make the number of events an even 20. For people who care about Kinch (myself included), it would mean a WR would mean an even 5, not 5.3333...
However, the old solves from those events would probably have to be archived and not used for statistical purposes. If the old ones were placed alongside the new, it would mix things up* even more.

* = #InsertABadJoke/DadJokeIntoACommentJustBecauseYouCan

Sion

I would like curvy copter. We currently don't have any edge turning events or many jumbling events (only squan.) This would definitely open up a whole new world of methods and another set of world class cubers, and give attention to such a unique puzzle.

Kilo and master kilo might be good alongside pyramorphix and master pyraminx.

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would like curvy copter. We currently don't have any edge turning events or many jumbling events (only squan.) This would definitely open up a whole new world of methods and another set of world class cubers, and give attention to such a unique puzzle.

If someone comes up with a random state scrambler for this puzzle that has not terrible notation/scrambles, I might be on board with this. That being said, I'm fairly skeptical about this.

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Let’s focus on whether we should remove certain events before we focus on adding another event that will just turn into a “cram 3 heats in before lunch” event.
Amen to that. Some events would, in my opinion, honestly be better off removed.
(The ones I'm thinking of are 3WF, 3FMC, 7x7, or maybe Clock)

Hazel

Premium Member
@Kit Clement is there currently any discussion amongst WCA members like yourself in removing Clock as an official event? Assuming you can disclose that information to the public..

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
They're already removing 3x3 With Feet. I agree that clock should go as well, due to the fact that it isn't even a twisty puzzle. However, I strongly disagree that either FMC and 7x7 should be removed. FMC is such an interesting concept and is so different than any other WCA event, but in a good way. I also see no valid reason to remove 7x7.
That's a valid point, but I had no idea they were actually removing feet solving. Now I kind if miss it... -ish.

NeptuneCuber

I feel like team blind wouldn't work because of how difficult it would be to post the results. Also how do you decide partners. Master Kilominx is basically a big 4x4. Definitely Redi cube because it is like Skewb. The turning is completely different

Sion

If someone comes up with a random state scrambler for this puzzle that has not terrible notation/scrambles, I might be on board with this. That being said, I'm fairly skeptical about this.

I might not be able to create a random scrambler, but I am able to make a notation. Just give me a day, I'll DM you an idea, and potentially someone can work off of the notation to make a proper scrambler with it.

Last edited: