• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Axis Cube Discussion and Help Thread

Brold

I recently got the axis cube. I have found the tutorials hard to follow and find the cube hard to solve. Anyone know a good tutorial and any tips?

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm gonna be honest; you should be able to solve most of it if you can solve a 3x3, and it's a million times more satisfying if you can figure it out on your own. It is just a 3x3 shape mod after all. But if you really need help, I'm pretty sure crazybadcuber did a tutorial a while back.

Brold

I'm gonna be honest; you should be able to solve most of it if you can solve a 3x3, and it's a million times more satisfying if you can figure it out on your own. It is just a 3x3 shape mod after all. But if you really need help, I'm pretty sure crazybadcuber did a tutorial a while back.

I'll keep playing with it.

WCA
2013BARK01
You have to look at it from the right angle and then it becomes mostly like a 3x3. Other than that, you have to just play with it a bit until you get it. I'm pretty sure I got mine for christmas 2013, and it confused the heck out of me until I figured it out later.

Also, did anyone else notice that this thread was right next to the Moyu Axis Cube 4x4 thread on the forum homepage?
I thought that was kinda funny.

CTriple

So, for my birthday recently i received an axel cube and a windmill cube. The last is irrelevant. I'd played with the axel cube for a couple of days and enjoyed solving it. However, i ended up dropping it fully scrambled on a hard floor, and two centers popped out. i didn't know where the centers were supposed to go, so i put them in the empty spaces (i guess those were incorrect) and to this day i'm popping various centers out and putting them in. I've watched tutorials from people such as JRCuber and CrazyBadCuber and neither could help me. This wouldn't be a problem if my cube didn't have a different color pattern than others. Any suggestions? I've been considering taking it apart and putting it back together, however I've never rebuilt a shape mod.

I took a look, and if this is relevant at all, my white/blue center is opposite of green/yellow. Orange/blue of green/red and red/yellow of orange/white.

If there's anything i need to specify, please let me know. First post and all.

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hmmm... personally I'd recommend solving as much as you can like a void cube (ignoring centers), and then swap the centers to match the other pieces. Or you could use the brute force method and just take it all apart and put it back together. By the way, that's not much harder than on a 3x3.

CTriple

I've been playing with it these past few days and this time i have the entire thing solved except for 2 edges (need to flip) and 2 corners (need to flip). Is this parity or is there a special alg for this?

FourTK

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I need some help on my axis cube. My issue is that two centers are oriented incorrectly and earlier I had only one oriented incorrectly. Is that allowed or do I need to reassemble the cube? Also if it is legitimate please help me with the solve.

Thanks,
FourTK

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey, I need some help on my axis cube. My issue is that two centers are oriented incorrectly and earlier I had only one oriented incorrectly. Is that allowed or do I need to reassemble the cube? Also if it is legitimate please help me with the solve.

Thanks,
FourTK

Experiment with doing U M E' M' E U' E' M E M'!

stoic

Premium Member
WCA
2013DEAR01
For supercubes and shapemods I like (R U R' U)5 - to rotate U centre 180 degrees - and (M' U M U')5 - to rotate U and F 90 degrees - as I find them easy to remember.

rumarfer28

To rotate one center 180º I use always T-perm twice, so I don't have to remember new algs. And if you orient the centers while doiing f2l you can not have two centers missoriented, only the top one and 180º.

Euler

Hi, all!

I need some help... someone gave me an axis cube and I've solved it this far, but can't find if there is a parity error or if the cube itself is screwed up. Students give me strange cubes all the time and I never know if they were taken apart and put back together.

Attachments

• IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 11

Euler

Is there a quick fix for this? Is my cube messed up?

Attachments

• IMG_1713.JPG
    IMG_1713.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 7
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a quick fix for this? Is my cube messed up?
Hey, the axis cube is a super cube which means you need to know algs to rotate centers. So just look up super cube algs. You have in that case a 90 degree rotation

Just do M' U M U' five times with it on the front

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, all!

I need some help... someone gave me an axis cube and I've solved it this far, but can't find if there is a parity error or if the cube itself is screwed up. Students give me strange cubes all the time and I never know if they were taken apart and put back together.
That looks like a single center rotated 90º which should not be possible. You can have a single center rotated 180º degrees or two centers rotated 90º each. I'd say somebody had a pop and put the cube back together wrong.