• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Axis Cube Discussion and Help Thread

Fracktail

Hello, im new around here.. I visit the site everyday but now i decided to register (sorry for my english im from Argentina)

I bought today a Axis Cube, at first i was liek Duh!? but then I break it and see the heart of it.. and i realise that is a 3x3x3 cuore! <3

But now i have a question..

First i make the Cross and the first layer!

WMP5b.png

but then i dont get this.. i need to orientate the edge? or get all the cubics like a 3x3x3 (forget about F2L!)

I get a lot of conflicts here.. :(

IsKeJ.png

Look at the red/green corner is in a wrong orientation, and the orange is in the wrong position.

Help plz :)

thnx in advande

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

There are 2 ways you can do this axis cube (and other various 3x3 shape mods)...

1.Take apart and reassemble... I know that's cheating lol
2.If you're serious enough use Layer by Layer method (That's how you're starting I see) and when it comes to 2nd layer you should know what piece belongs where. From the 2nd picture that piece looks like a center, I'm not sure.

Simply use the beginner method's algorithms for the 2nd layer.
The harder part is of course the Last layer, when you get to that part I suggest you orient and permute your corner pieces first... this will help you see the shape easier...

anyway... 3x3 shape mods are a pain in the ass... I have successfully solved them all and the axis cube is a real *****! Now I suggest you find a tutorial on how to solve the mirror blocks or fisher cube.. I'm sure that would help...

~izovire

izovire

WCA
2009VROO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Look at the red/green corner is in a wrong orientation, and the orange is in the wrong position.

Help plz :)

thnx in advande

Oh I forgot to read the rest...

When you do cross, make sure you always have your centers in the correct position... if you have a center piece rotated 180 degrees you can do a T perm 2 times to correct it... if it's 90 degrees you can do Sune (I think) until it is correct.

Fracktail

Hey! thnx for the tip.. now i have another problem (sorry!)

When i try to make the upper cross..( with the L or I algorithms) i never get the middle cubes to match.. i have to match colors? shapes? or colors and shapes?

omgx3

Oh, I solved one of these before. The orientation of the centers doesn't matter yet. It's like a Fisher cube, you fix them after you solve the whole cube.

You should use 4LLL on the third layer...makes things easier. I'm not sure what you mean by "middle cubes" though. Clarify please?

By the way, the "edge" in your second picture is a center.

Last edited:

yoyokidify

candy mountain, it's a land of sweets and joy, and
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi guys,
I managed to finally get my axis cube solved. well... ALMOST.:mad:
I managed to get the centers oriented and all that, and I also got everything else done except for a top layer edge. The edge is a blue ''inner'' edge. it is that square-ish edge and it is flipped the wrong way.

How do I flip it:confused::confused:

Thanks in advance,
William

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
really just a single edge? Doesn't sound possible. You'd minimum need to flip two edges, are there any other edges that look the same both ways... I can't find any. Are you sure your puzzle didn't pop at some point?

luke1984

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, this is not possible, unless there is another flipped edge. There are no edges with invisible orientation and no duplicate pieces or anything, so like on a normal 3x3x3, one flipped edge is not possible. Pop it out and put it back in correctly.

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well done, Axis cubes are a git. Particularly the Diangshen one as it locks up like crazy.

Though, I believe on your other posts people have recommended that you don't bump old threads (unless you have something particularly new to add to them) this thread was more than a year old. Please check the dates before posting.

Ghadente

I got the axis cube for my birthday, figured its like solving a 3x3 but I'm stuck with 1 center not correct. I have tried rotating algorithm M U M' U' several times but i still end up with one or more centers incorrect. Need some help...

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm not familiar with the axis cube, but the structure of the 3x3 alg that rotates only one center is a commutator of the form:

[Create a 90 degree rotationally symmetric shape on one layer (N perm), Turn that layer by 90 degrees]

Is it possible to create a rotationally symmetric pattern on one layer on an axis cube, something resembling the 3x3 N-perm? If so, then use the same form of commutator as the 3x3 alg to rotate your one center.

If this is not possible, try to come up with an alg that destroys and solves one layer while rotating that layer's center, and repeat it until the rest of the puzzle goes from solved through scrambled and back to solved. Try to look for an alg of this form where the order (the # of times this alg must be repeated) for the layer's center rotations does not match the order for the rest of the pieces of the puzzle. For example, if the layer's center rotations solve in 4 repetitions but the other pieces solve in 3 repetitions, something like that.

Without being familiar with the puzzle I can only offer that general advice. Hope that helps. Chances are that as soon as somebody who knows this alg for this puzzle already sees your thread that they will post it (or a hint).

Good luck