• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

vidcapper

Here's an accomplishment... I *finally* solved the Master Kilominx!! :D

I actually bought it (and a Gigaminx) in May last year, but was too intimidated to even scramble it up for months. :) When I eventually did, I was able to do the centres fairly comfortably, and some of the edge pairing, but then I got stuck and gave up. I picked it up every couple of months since then, but only recently realised what I was doing wrong on edge pairing, so decided to give it another go. At long last I got all of the edges complete, and knew I was on the home stretch, as I can comfortably solve a Megaminx! Fortunately I had no parity, so was able to complete it with only a little trouble. :)

Flowkap

Did my first timed Roux solves. ao5 1:41.73
I usually am sub 50. It's kinda frustrating as I loose most of the time whilst block building. And that's pretty similar to f2l which I'm a lot faster. But ok I just learned Roux.

Julio974

WCA
2018ROHA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hell yeah, I just got a 6.67 PB Single!

Lol at that 5-moves double pair insertion, 3 free pairs, and accidental 1LLL. Managed to push down to 4.52 in stack in just a few minutes.
This wasn't on cam sadly (the curse continues, I only ever had 1 PB on cam), though it was very close (I was debating whether to start filming *right after scrambling it*, then thought "it's just a morning session with no big tps, no need for that" and boom 6.67 pb single).
This beats my 6.86 from late june (which was my PB for 116 days), though I've been getting weekly sub-8s recently so I may beat it again soon!

Time: 6.67
Scramble: U' F2 U R2 B2 F2 D' R2 D' F2 L R2 D' B F' R' U B D2 U
z2 y2 // inspection
U2 R' F B' L' U' L' // cross
y' R U' R2' U R // 1st + 2nd pair
y' U2 R U2' R' U R U' R' // 3rd pair
U L' U L // 4th pair
U F' r U R' U' r' F R // ZBLL
U // AUF

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Congratulations!

Stupid question though: I saw many reconstructions in the forum. How do you do those? Smart cube? Video?
When you solve the cube for a long time your solutions become more previsible. You tend to solve the cases the same way over and over again
so when you solve and you get the scramble again, you just have to solve it again and you will remember what you did last time
at least that's for me

you should try a reconstruction any time, if you can't, you'll be able in the future ;-)