• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kids Accomplishment Thread

stwert

My 6 year old can solve a 3x3 with beginners method in a couple minutes (Pb is about 1:30). He's learned f2l surprisingly quickly, but still prefers LBL, and is now learning some pll algorithms as well as Ortega 2x2.
I just got a mirror cube, and yesterday he solved it on his first try with very little trouble, which astonished me.
My four year old is learning 3x3 slowly. He can almost do the first two layers without help plus yellow cross with the "rooroo" trigger. They're too little to try to explain why sexy.

Arcanist

I’m 10 and my pb for 2x2 is 6 and my pb for 3x3 is 18
I would like to start a new Accomplishment Thread especially for kids.
By Kids I do not mean the youngest members on here but actually the kids of members.

I am currently trying to teach my 5 year old daughter and I think it would be nice to see how her progress relates to other kids her age.

Birgit's accomplishments so far:

Checkerboard pattern
Solving a face
White cross (via daisy)
Solving 1st layer (I found out she is actually color neutral on this, I have found her cube with different layers solved)
75% on 2nd layer

She can in fact do the 2nd layer but is not very confident yet.
So she asks for help but all I actually have to is confirm that she is doing it right.

I am still surfing the forum on possible apporaches for the LL.
Already found a very interesting one by Chis Hardwick using commutators all based around very similar moves.
However I am still considering using some corner swapping, Sune and U perm for finishing it.

Or do I dare to use R'D'RD with the risk that all will get messed up when a D is forgotten?
I believe this thread is for sharing accomplishments of your own kids. (not as in kids on the forums)