• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I solved the Octahedron.
I worked on it for a couple hours about a month ago, and sat down with it again for about another hour last evening.
My best right now is only around 7 minutes. Sub 5 will come with time, and if I learn some decent algs then sub 3 shouldn't be too hard. I can get corners and edges in about a minute, centers just take too long.

aerocube

did some pyraminx,my pb is around 25 seconds now
learning pyraminx ll algs and practicing recognition
my headlights recognition for both cases on pyraminx is good,just practicing the last 3 cases

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3:02.53 octahedron
Literally a 4 minutes drop
It was on the bus too, so I was trying to to turn to quickly because it's a rather loud puzzle.

Edges were quick and there were a bunch of solved centers already. I think I managed to use 3-cycle to solve 3 pieces most of the time, as opposed to just 2 or one. I'm very happy with this.

dudefaceguy

I just crushed my personal best on 4x4 with a 3:59 (yes, minutes). My goal is to be sub 2 minutes with my completely intuituve method, which looks achievable.

Edit: I'm down to 3:29. I've started practicing Roux on 3x3 since I realized that my 4x4 direct-solving method is just Roux if converted to the 3x3. I hope this will improve my lookahead, which is really the only thing making my times very slow. My 3x3 time is about 1:40.

Edit: 3:15

Edit: 3:03

Last edited:

aerocube

decided to use balint s2l
beat my mega pb on first try
yeee :)

EDIT:2nd pb breaker in a row,5:57.01,am now sub 6

Last edited: