• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jarredsox

Broke many 3x3 PB's today:
Ao5: 10.808
Ao12: 11.182
Ao50: 12.189
Ao100: 12.692
Ao250: 12.857

Also, I got a 10.889 Ao5 as the first five solves of the day. Both that and the 10.808 are my first sub 11 ao5's.

E: did some more solves and brought ao100 down to 12.522 and 250 down to 12.839.
How long have you been Cubing?

TJardigradHe

WCA
2017HONG17
Recently, I got my first sub 30 single for 4x4 (unofficial).

Also, at Hudson valley winter 2019 (a week ago), I got my first official sub 40 4x4 average
At the same comp, for 5x5, I almost beat my overall pb single and got a 1:08 and a 1:18 average, both of which are amazing for me. For pyra at the same comp, I got a 3.07 average, which is not too good for me, but at least it's my only event so far to go in top 100 in the world.

turtwig

ayy PB single
5.339 L' F' B2 U2 R2 U2 R' D2 R' B2 F2 L' D2 U' B2 F2 L B U B
x2 // Inspection
U2 R' F R2 D2 R2 // Cross
R' U2' R2 U R' // F2L-1
y' L U L' // F2L-2
y U' L F' L' F L U L' // F2L-3
y' U R U2' R2' F R F' // F2L-4
U // LL skip

xyzzy

mega ao100: 1:31.8x → 1:28.288
777 ao50: 4:23.x → 4:21.x

No big drops, but I'll take it. Partially hoping I can magnetise my Wuji and then get sub-4:10 with it, although that seems a bit too optimistic.

OLL: F R U R' U' R U R' U' F' (F double sexy F')
literally what is the point of the parenthesised text

Also, go troll elsewhere. We're not going to fall for your obvious ruse.

SM cubing

WCA
2018MACK04
Lol just got this (sorry Sameer \_('-')_/)

Generated By csTimer on 2019-1-13
single: 2.714

Time List:
1. 2.714 L2 B2 R2 B2 U2 F U2 L2 D2 B' R2 F2 L' F2 D' L' D2 L D' L U2

Inspection: y'
XXCross: F' R F' R
F2L3: L U' L'
F2L4: R U R'
OLL: F R U R' U' R U R' U' F'
PLL: x R2 D2 R U R' D2 R U' R (Ab perm)
29 moves/2.714 seconds=10.68 TPS (don't ask idek lmao)

Cube: MF3RS2M

PLS DON'T GIVE HATE
Yes this solve is legitimate this is a csTimer scramble. I'm sorry I didn't film it or have any real proof of its validity, so I hope you all can trust me on this one. Also I do have a picture of the time, but apparently the file is too large for the server to handle, so if someone could tell me how to fix that that would be great. I feel like people will take this seriously if they're shown a picture.

Also pls like and share (if thats even a thing here lol I'm new i only made this account so I could post this) so this can get publicity and get recognized as the legitimate world best single that it is.
No offense, but this is an absurdly fast time. I an not entirely convinced its real, but it may be so congrats. I know you are a fast cuber (im shaun from penn cube day) and you could get this time. I know how you feel because when i got my 0.32 2x2 single,(not WB because that aint a thing apparently) i was expecting some hate because thats really fast. Maybe its me being skeptical and a little jealous, but im not super sure about this

Edit:made worse by our young age :(

-Shaun

xyzzy

I know how you feel because when i got my 0.32 2x2 single,(not WB because that aint a thing apparently) i was expecting some hate because thats really fast. Maybe its me being skeptical and a little jealous, but im not super sure about this
The community largely doesn't care about 222 singles because it's literally a matter of getting a 4-move scramble and then executing the solution really fast. It's not interesting. Maybe you are the world best. But nobody cares, so it doesn't matter.

Don't take this negatively or anything. If you want something that the community recognises… work on something the community recognises instead! Like, legitimately get good at 2×2×2, be globally sub-1.5; I'm sure people will start paying attention to you if you can manage that. It's not going to be easy, because of course it's not going to be easy; otherwise everyone would already have done it.

Edit:made worse by our young age :(
The cubing community is full of kids. There is absolutely nothing special about being young here.

Also, the thing about kids telling tall tales is that sometimes the lies are really obvious to those with more experience. (This is obvious with a moment's thought—we've been here for longer, we know the tell-tale signs, etc.) Mr. Rubric's post is exactly one of those. I'm not going to mention in public why I'm so confident that they're lying, but you'll have to take my word for it that I usually err on the side of caution rather than calling people out.

Mr. Rubric

The community largely doesn't care about 222 singles because it's literally a matter of getting a 4-move scramble and then executing the solution really fast. It's not interesting. Maybe you are the world best. But nobody cares, so it doesn't matter.

Don't take this negatively or anything. If you want something that the community recognises… work on something the community recognises instead! Like, legitimately get good at 2×2×2, be globally sub-1.5; I'm sure people will start paying attention to you if you can manage that. It's not going to be easy, because of course it's not going to be easy; otherwise everyone would already have done it.

The cubing community is full of kids. There is absolutely nothing special about being young here.

Also, the thing about kids telling tall tales is that sometimes the lies are really obvious to those with more experience. (This is obvious with a moment's thought—we've been here for longer, we know the tell-tale signs, etc.) Mr. Rubric's post is exactly one of those. I'm not going to mention in public why I'm so confident that they're lying, but you'll have to take my word for it that I usually err on the side of caution rather than calling people out.
“There is absolutely nothing special about being young here.”
*COUGH* Leo Borromeo *COUGH*
I respect your scepticality of my time despite my disagreement (I mean obviously). People can believe what they want to and I’m proud of my time nonetheless. Also saying that you won’t explain why you are skeptical makes it just seem like you’re doing it just for the sake of it.

Edit- You talk about 2x2 single being unimpressive, but Shaun never necessarily said his .32 was impressive. It was fast, but there’s a difference between fast and impressive. So really you’re arguing with a claim Shaun never made. -\_(-_-)_/-

Last edited:

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
4.12 2bld ao5
Generated By csTimer on 2019-01-18
avg of 5: 4.12

Time List:
1. (3.59) F2 R' U F2 U R F2 U' R
2. 4.10 F U F2 R' U' R' F2 U F
3. 3.72 U' F2 R F' R2 F R F2 U'
4. (DNF(9.98)) R2 F' U2 F' R F2 U' R' U
5. 4.53 R2 F U2 R' F2 U' R U R2

e:6.27 ao50

Last edited:

DesertWolf

WCA
2017DUMM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Lol just got this (sorry Sameer \_('-')_/)

Generated By csTimer on 2019-1-13
single: 2.714

Time List:
1. 2.714 L2 B2 R2 B2 U2 F U2 L2 D2 B' R2 F2 L' F2 D' L' D2 L D' L U2

Inspection: y'
XXCross: F' R F' R
F2L3: L U' L'
F2L4: R U R'
OLL: F R U R' U' R U R' U' F'
PLL: x R2 D2 R U R' D2 R U' R (Ab perm)
29 moves/2.714 seconds=10.68 TPS (don't ask idek lmao)

Cube: MF3RS2M

PLS DON'T GIVE HATE
Yes this solve is legitimate this is a csTimer scramble. I'm sorry I didn't film it or have any real proof of its validity, so I hope you all can trust me on this one. Also I do have a picture of the time, but apparently the file is too large for the server to handle, so if someone could tell me how to fix that that would be great. I feel like people will take this seriously if they're shown a picture.

Also pls like and share (if thats even a thing here lol I'm new i only made this account so I could post this) so this can get publicity and get recognized as the legitimate world best single that it is.
I’m willing to believe it’s possible but considering that this scramble has already been posted in here in like 2007 it makes me think otherwise. Also it is present in ICS (Italian cube scrambler) and all those were put by hand. This said it is possible but unlikely. Also I made Feliks and Antonine and a few others try the same scramble at Rijswijk open 2018