• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

dudefaceguy

I just did my first blind solve! I failed because of 3 misplaced edges, which means that I successfully executed all of the commutators except one! I call that a personal victory. I’m going to try again with the same scramble.

Edit: I tried the same scramble three more times, failing twice and then succeeding.

Second edit: Yeeeeees! My first actual success with memorizing and executing on the first try. I did write down the memo, but only after I had already memorized it. I just wanted to be able to check it after the solve to diagnose any problems.

The edge memo actually made me laugh out loud: the world record holder in toilet paper laxatives (electromagnetic) sponsored by A&W root beer - impressive CV. Blind is so fun!

Last edited:

PetrusQuber

WCA
2020XIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My accomplishment:
Huh. This reminded me of a bet I had a while back, and I tried it out, failed, and will not be doing it again. So my friend challenged me to solve a cube using just two spoons in under ten minutes, and he’d give me a fiver if I did. So I tried a few minutes back... It didn't go well. But I did solve a Rubik’s cube with just two spoons in 13:19.966 so :)

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
Generated By csTimer on 2020-03-25
avg of 5: 1.06

Time List:
1. 1.05 U' R' F2 R F R2 U R F'
2. (0.95) F U' F' U2 R2 F2 R2 U' F'
3. 1.08 U R2 U F U2 F' U R2 U'
4. (4.11+) U2 R F' U F' R' F2 U' R2
5. 1.06 U R2 U' R2 U' R F2 U' F'

:D after sooooo many fails
I was super burnt out (pushups) so i failed all solves after this, but idrc

I haven't had much time to cube lately but since i've been working from home due to COVID-19 I've gotten some new PBs! Current cs timer session below.

PB 17.57 single was executed perfectly (for me) & i could see my first F2L pair during inspection, a great feeling. I still have a large standard deviation but i am getting tons of sub 30 solves which is very encouraging.

1585286003556.png