• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Wassili

WCA
2013KORO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've recently started learning OH PLL algorithms, and the one I hate the most is the E Perm. I remember when I couldn't fingertrick the RUD E Perm two handed, I found a UFR one, it goes: z U2 R2 F (R U R' U')x3 F' R2 U2. It's not very fast for two handed, but I think this alg works best for OH, yet I haven't seen it anywhere on a OH alg list. Good or bad alg?

kunparekh18

WCA
2013PARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I've recently started learning OH PLL algorithms, and the one I hate the most is the E Perm. I remember when I couldn't fingertrick the RUD E Perm two handed, I found a UFR one, it goes: z U2 R2 F (R U R' U')x3 F' R2 U2. It's not very fast for two handed, but I think this alg works best for OH, yet I haven't seen it anywhere on a OH alg list. Good or bad alg?

R2 U R' U' y (sexy)2 R U R' y' R U' R2

Lid

WCA
2008LIDS01
Here's my current OH E-perm: x' L' U L' U z' U L' u z' x' U L' U L U z' U L' D' L (or x' R U' R U' z U' R u' z x' U' R U' R' U' z U' R D R' for lefties).

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thanks a ton Brest for all that, the inverse seems like the best out of all of them (I feel dumb for not trying that!). It doesn't flow quite as nice as the fat J-perm but it could just be because I'm not used to it. I still like it better than the common A-perm, so thank you!

EDIT: After messing around with (R U R2' F' r U R U' r' F R U' R') I found that I can perform it faster if I start the alg with both thumbs on the F face and use my left pointer for the F'. I can do it faster than the standard A-perm now, awesome!

I use wide T-Perms for both A's. r U r' U' r' F r2 U' r' U' r U r' F' and its left side mirror. Last time I checked, these weren't on the wiki, but I don't know how to add algs.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Has deduced algorithm - J Permutation : b

[video=youtube_share;BaPyW1P2CIA]http://youtu.be/BaPyW1P2CIA[/video]

Algorithm - R' U2 R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U R

New or not the new?

The R' - R in the beginning and in the end are unnecessary moves.
R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' (U') is a well-known algorithm, I use it for years, learned from Dan Harris' page. You just setupped it with a U2 in the beginning (and in the end).

Definetly not new.

Edit: See Alg. 4 in http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/PLL#J_Permutation_:_b

Last edited:

Wik

WCA
2012DANI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The R' - R in the beginning and in the end are unnecessary moves.
R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' (U') is a well-known algorithm, I use it for years, learned from Dan Harris' page. You just setupped it with a U2 in the beginning (and in the end).

Definetly not new.

Edit: See Alg. 4 in http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/PLL#J_Permutation_:_b

Yes. If so to look, it is the same algorithm (R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' (U')), but from this position it is possible to execute it so (R' U2 R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U R). There can be for some it will more conveniently and faster.

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. If so to look, it is the same algorithm (R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' (U')), but from this position it is possible to execute it so (R' U2 R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U R). There can be for some it will more conveniently and faster.

How could it be more conveniently and faster if you add unnecessary movements to the side of an algorithm? Wouldn't it be easier if you just leave them out?

Renslay

WCA
2005HANT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Have you tried:
R' U' R' F R F' R U' R' U R' F R F' R U' R' U2 R

which is this OLLCP twice:
R' U' R' F R F' R U' R' U2 R

Nice!
(Sudden realization) Hey, that OLLCP is one of my favorite CMLL for G6!

Also I mis-executed it first, which led me to this pure CO:
(R' U R' F R F' R U')2

For that, I usually use this:
(y2 z) (R' F R F' R U' R' U)2 (z' y2)
which by the way is equivalent to (U' B U B' U R' U' R)2.

I need pure COs for my BLD method, so it's always good to extend my set of algorithms. :)

KarlCubing

This is a pretty cool OLL algorithm. Im not sure what case it is, but if you do the algorithm once, it sets it up. It is I' U' L U' L' U L U' L' U L U' L' U2 I

Last edited: