• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2022CHRI09
I still don't understand how it's better for beginners. The algs seems to be slower, harder to memorize, and less intuitive than normal pll algs.
It was originally for my friend which used CFOP, he wanted to do FMC and i wanted to help him, this is basically for people bored to learn FMC techniques and for like beginners which dont intend to be fast. Besides, doing an alg many times is very helpful sometimes

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
I have very mixed feelings about this...
For one, it's nice to have optimal movecount plls, but there are cons for the purpose you seem to be describing:
- This is centred on beginners, yet algs like this are less likely to have common triggers or memorable fingetricks in them, making them harder to learn and retain
- If you don't want to get fast, imo it seems pointless to commit to learning PLL in the first place. If you do learn PLL, you'd want to learn the best algs, not the shortest algs.
- Again, if you're doing FMC, what's the point in not learning the very basics of techniques: commutators, conjugates, skeletons, and insertions can get you very far; whereas a CFOP-based LL is more luck reliant and inefficient. You could think of it like solving the first layer directly compared to making a side and then fixing it.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Better to learn a fast alg from the start than an easy one to remember. You're just giving them a much larger burden to learn (essentially 42 algs vs 21). It's not like you broke all 21 algs into combinations of 3 short algs (or whatever, something similar to duplex) which may be helpful, but then that's why 2 look PLL exists. I see your logic, but it's actually less productive than learning good algs first time.

Imsoosm

eeeeee I use OLL and PLL for FMC so this could be useful to me

and HEY the U perms are RUS!!!

I recreated the full 21 PLL algs but used optimal moves, so yeah every PLL can now be done in less than 15 moves. I think its a great way for beginners to learn Full PLL. However it really isnt made for good fingertricking, its only recommended for beginners. We are currently working to make that method for speedsolving (fingertrick effecient).
If anyone wants to learn it, then visit here (my site); https://speedcubingportal.000webhostapp.com/PLL (move reduced).txt

We currently ran the alg check and the NB perm seems to be put incorrectly. We are so sorry and will try to offer the best service possible.
One thing though, for Nb perm I noticed that it says R R2. Can you change that please? Also without the R2 it should be 13 moves.

Edit:
Also for H perm, I feel L R U2 R' L' F' B' U2 B F is more beginner friendly, and it's also 10 moves.

WCA
2022CHRI09
Hey! I like it a lot, because I just use OLL and PLL for my FMC attempts. I think it's great!
Thats nice but no one doesnt seem to use it.

Question to everyone: Would you guys like the algs to be speedcubing effecient? If so, then what turns shall we include to make it effecient?

We are gonna try to allow slice moves to make it speedcubing effecient?

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
What you've already done is fine! We don't really have this resource anywhere. OLLs and PLLS (<10 moves) are useful for FMC insertions. Also, for FMC-esque things, slice moves count as 2 moves, probably don't include them unless you really want to

Imsoosm

Thats nice but no one doesnt seem to use it.

Question to everyone: Would you guys like the algs to be speedcubing effecient? If so, then what turns shall we include to make it effecient?

I was kinda hoping you would do something like <10 move OLL :D

WCA
2022CHRI09
I was kinda hoping you would do something like <10 move OLL :D
we are currently trying to find a way to create an FMC OLL aswell. Thanks for the recommendation tho!

What you've already done is fine! We don't really have this resource anywhere. OLLs and PLLS (<10 moves) are useful for FMC insertions. Also, for FMC-esque things, slice moves count as 2 moves, probably don't include them unless you really want to
So it was a successful attempt of recreating PLL but for FMC?

NigelTheCuber

WCA
2022PHAN03
I recreated the full 21 PLL algs but used optimal moves, so yeah every PLL can now be done in less than 15 moves. I think its a great way for beginners to learn Full PLL. However it really isnt made for good fingertricking, its only recommended for beginners. We are currently working to make that method for speedsolving (fingertrick effecient).
If anyone wants to learn it, then visit here (my site); https://speedcubingportal.000webhostapp.com/PLL (move reduced).txt

We currently ran the alg check and the NB perm seems to be put incorrectly. We are so sorry and will try to offer the best service possible.
I have a better R perm
R' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2 and mirror
13 moves