• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Inusagi

It also depends on which 5x5x5 type it is. On youtube you can search for how to open it, and you just spray in the opening.

DcF1337

Purposely misalign your 5x5 until one of the inner 3x3 cubies pop out. You can then proceed to taking out the rest of the 3x3 cubies. You should be able to figure out the rest of it on your own.

CubingDuck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Need some help with the 5x5

hey guys, im really stuck on my 5x5 at the moment, basically im at the edge pairing part, and ive made 8 tredges, and if i try to make anymore it ruins another tredge. I've got my 8 tredges stored in the up and down sides(4 on each ), not that really matters but oh well
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02
I don't really do that method, but I'm pretty sure you need to take one of the middle (unsolved) edge groups out that you don't really care about to switch out with something you've solved. You won't get very far while keeping all 8 solved edge groups in the U/D layers.

Ellis

WCA
2008HALL02

I think it does help, as it's led to multiple WR holders having success. Try reading it again, and if you can't get it from that site, I would suggest stop trying to do 5x5 for a bit.

That link was specifically for the last two tredge though. They are stuck on the last four and cant get to the last two. Maybe the link to just the 5x5 edge pairing would have been more appropriate.