• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The TRUTH about Jig-A-Loo

Status
Not open for further replies.

yboy403

YouTube
Visit Channel
Are you kidding me? I have yet to see severe damage done to a cube through Jigaloo yet.
Neither have I. I've used it on my store-bought twice. One time, I actually sprayed each piece and let them dry on a newspaper, and it worked amazing. I did notice some tiny warps on the interlocking part of three edge pieces though. Best lube I've ever used.

D

Deleted member 2864

THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SPRAY IT AND LEAVE IT.. SO THE LESSON LEARNED HERE IS: WORK IT IN.....
IF YOU WORK IT IN, IT WILL DO IT'S MAGIC

I NOE RITE!!! JIGALOO IS MAGICALL AND WILL LET UR CUB BE FAST AND AWSUM NOT ONLE IN TEH CUB, BUT ALSO IN LIIFE. MY INGLISH TEACHER NOW LUVZ ME ANED MY RITING!

Last edited by a moderator:

antoinejobin

Just spray all the piece on a newspaper or something, but spray it disassembled, seriously. I tried a bit on my megaminx, it melted it. A month later, because my megaminx sucked too much, I tried again, but all disassembled and I let the Jigaloo dry before putting it back together and now it works like a dream!!

yboy403

YouTube
Visit Channel
Just spray all the piece on a newspaper or something, but spray it disassembled, seriously. I tried a bit on my megaminx, it melted it. A month later, because my megaminx sucked too much, I tried again, but all disassembled and I let the Jigaloo dry before putting it back together and now it works like a dream!!

Yeah, I did disassembled also.

Daniel Wu

Premium Member
WCA
2010WUDA01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Samania

jigaloo doesnt melt your cube every single time you put it in. depends on the amount you put in also laying out your cubies and spraying a THIN LAYER over it works very well. you just need to work it in after and i saw that video on the first page with the 4x4 glued together. that same thing happened to my main speed cube after i forgot to work it in.. i easily fixed it by using a knife.

but the real truth about jig a loo is the fact that it has an odor that causes cancer. i think. But it just smells if you strongly inhale it. VENTILATED AREA KIDS.

adfoote

I went to the hardware store and got some stuff called KEL pure silicone to lube my cubes. best stuff ive ever used, no work in/let rest period needed. ive never used Jigaloo though. im in NC so canada isnt exactly close for me

CuberN00b

I spray every silicon spray at my bathroom (there's a big fan for ventilation) or on my table with my over-wear covering my nose (My english skills a little bit bad)

BTW i still can't find JigALoo in stores. I use Penray Silicone Spray.

vancuber

LOL

edit, sorry for breaking the rules with the "lol":

does anybody know the effect jigalloo has on alpha v's? I heard that it will melt down the teeth that prevent popping, but I'm wondering if it will make a difference if I tighten the screws and put the jigaloo in, my main problem is that it pops too much, but if I tighten the screws, its too tight. Can I tighten my screws and put jigaloo? will it work well

also, I put jigaloo in my rubiks 3x3 and it glided but usually would overspin. Using this on DIY's should probably work if you tighten the screws, but from lack of experience, I'm not sure yet.

waffle=ijm

Waffo
WCA
2008MANA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I went to the hardware store and got some stuff called KEL pure silicone to lube my cubes. best stuff ive ever used, no work in/let rest period needed. ive never used Jigaloo though. im in NC so canada isnt exactly close for me

1) Jig-a-loo is available in the states
2) do you realize how old this thread is

this doesn't really help much and goes against the rules
the rules said:
c. Worthless Replying
Don't reply to a post unless you have something of value to add to it. Replying with "+1" or "go search for it" is not allowed, as it does no good for the topic creator or the community. If you see this behavior and would like to respond to it, see: 1e. "Regarding Backseat Moderation".

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, I've been using Jig-A-Loo for my entire cubing 'career' (No normal silicone sprays in canada, as far as I know.) I -always- fully dissasemble my cube before lubing it, I wouldn't just spray it in a corner.

This is why: For the first 4-5 minutes after spraying, jigaloo makes the cubies soft. Like, so soft you can dig pieces of plastic out with your fingernail, or leave fingerprints in it. After it's dried, everything becomes hard again, so it's not a lasting thing. I'd imagine spraying it directly in wouldn't be good for the cube. =P.

I'm actually going to drive down to the states soon to pick up a few cans of CRC, because I really don't trust this stuff not to just ruin my cubes one day. It also really doesn't last very long at all : (.

u can buy 3 in 1 silicone at canadian tire. its not the best but its decent

Status
Not open for further replies.