• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Truth About Corner Cutting

DavidWoner

The Punchmaster
WCA
2008WONE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Whyusosrs?

k, your guhong is set way too tight. Mine can cut more then your A2 SV. Also, your reverse corner cutting is lulz.

hawkmp4

Yeah, seriously...I've seen claims of 43 degrees and 47 degrees in this thread. Where are you getting those numbers? Breaking out a protractor?

StachuK1992

statue
WCA
2008KORI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It cuts at a 45 degree angle, which is line to line.

Wrong. Idiot.

lol its when the edge of a corner aligns with the center of a center piece.
:) right? lol
This shows a 45 degree angle.
angle.gif

So does this:

phyp200x.jpg

hawkmp4

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was being serious. The point was not that the cubes can't cut corners well. I'm just sick of comments like "my guhng cn cUt cornres at 45 dgreeez even wen its tIght!!!!1111!!L OLMAOF2L !!1!!" It isn't true. My cubes aren't even that tight, as I clearly demonstrated with the Guhong. But you can see for yourself it doesn't cut corners very well at all.

All of them are lubed except the black A5, which I forgot to say (in this take) is not lubed. And for your information, I use exactly the same lube that Faz uses so don't go calling my lube crap.

I'll quickly respond to a few comments:
I have already been informed of my "reverse corner cutting" mistake. For some reason I was under the wrong impression of what that was, but I don't think I need to bother making a new video showing the actual reverse corner cutting abilities of these cubes.
fatboyxpc: I don't get your point? I'm not sure why you would think I'm a "strickler". This was not a review, this was me providing hard evidence of something which I believe people are under the wrong impression about.
Woner: indeed :p
Blah: really?

ChrisBird

Premium Member
WCA
2009BIRD01
YouTube
Visit Channel