• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The method debate thread

Hazel

Premium Member
I actually have a question:
What do you all think is better, ZBRoux or Leor?
I've been told Leor before, but I want to get the opinions of more people. I'm planning on switching to one of the two soon, and I haven't decided on which one.
(I might consider Petrus as well)

I actually have a question:
What do you all think is better, ZBRoux or Leor?
I've been told Leor before, but I want to get the opinions of more people. I'm planning on switching to one of the two soon, and I haven't decided on which one.
(I might consider Petrus as well)
Leor is best, and petrus is funnest.
ZBroux is really just roux but worst.
There's also ZZ ;)

efattah

The big advantage that corners first methods offer is the ability to use the inspection time to choose from a big algorithm set-- one looking EG1 (130 algs) during inspection (the only method I know of that allows using the inspection time to 'fetch' a large algorithm set from memory). Beyond that, it ends up having worse ergonomics and having a hard time matching the TPS of other methods. With another 10 years of development corners first might catch up to other methods.

ketchupcuber

watch kian mansours video about cfop vs roux the one he did a lecture on he basically proves cfop and roux are even and you should pick on preference. I think that the other methods cannot get you as far as CFOP and Roux but you can still be fast and if you really enjoy it you should use it however i do not think you can be top 5 in the world with any method but CFOP and Roux.

this is all my opinion i could be totally wrong

Ok. Cfop is the best period. Reason 1. Easiest lookahead. Look ahead is easily on of the most important factors. It is even more important than efficiency. 2. Cfop has best finger tricks. ZZ has awkward moves, and roux uses m moves which are good, but, they are slower than other moves. 3. I think that Roux is almost as good as cfop, but not as good, and zz is the worst. Hardly anyone that is top100 in the world for 3x3 uses zz. Majority uses Cfop, which proves that it is the best. Also zz is terrible cause Zbll and coll is useful, but it is so hard to learn them all, and at the beginning, you do a bunch of moves so that you don't have to rotate, but in reality, all of the rotations combined is faster than all of those moves.

brododragon

ZZ has awkward moves, and roux uses m moves which are good, but, they are slower than other moves.
How is <RUL> worse than <RULFBD>? Also, how do you know M moves are worse?
Easiest lookahead. Look ahead is easily on of the most important factors. It is even more important than efficiency.
Evidence?
Also zz is terrible cause Zbll and coll is useful
Have you ever heard of OCLL/PLL?

efattah

Ok. Cfop is the best period. Reason 1. Easiest lookahead. Look ahead is easily on of the most important factors. It is even more important than efficiency. 2. Cfop has best finger tricks. ZZ has awkward moves, and roux uses m moves which are good, but, they are slower than other moves. 3. I think that Roux is almost as good as cfop, but not as good, and zz is the worst. Hardly anyone that is top100 in the world for 3x3 uses zz. Majority uses Cfop, which proves that it is the best. Also zz is terrible cause Zbll and coll is useful, but it is so hard to learn them all, and at the beginning, you do a bunch of moves so that you don't have to rotate, but in reality, all of the rotations combined is faster than all of those moves.

Interesting arguments. However based on your logic then ZBRoux should be the best method, since it has better lookahead than any other method, with all the advantages you mention including almost no M-moves, and way fewer total moves than CFOP...

I don't know man your depiction of ZZ is kind of cringey..