• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

I was casually solving a 3x3. At the end of the solve, I got the N perm☠️. I proceeded to immediately scramble the cube. At the end of my second solve, I again got an the N perm. I scrambled the cube right away like in the previous solve. On my 3rd solve, I once again got the N perm. At this point I was really scared that I will need to buy a new cube to get rid of this issue. I scrambled the cube to see how high my streak of bugged N perms will continue. I was not surprised during the fourth solve, which obviously ended with the N perm, that I once again refused to solve. Unfortunately I couldn't pull of a whole average of 5 as the last solve resulted in the R perm.

Do you also have any mysterious stories related to cubing?

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was casually solving a 3x3. At the end of the solve, I got the N perm☠️. I proceeded to immediately scramble the cube. At the end of my second solve, I again got an the N perm. I scrambled the cube right away like in the previous solve. On my 3rd solve, I once again got the N perm. At this point I was really scared that I will need to buy a new cube to get rid of this issue. I scrambled the cube to see how high my streak of bugged N perms will continue. I was not surprised during the fourth solve, which obviously ended with the N perm, that I once again refused to solve. Unfortunately I couldn't pull of a whole average of 5 as the last solve resulted in the R perm.

Do you also have any mysterious stories related to cubing?
One time I got 5 v-perms in a row! Lol

OldSwiss

I also think that I get the same PLL in a row quite more often than mathematics would tell.
I never had 6 but 3 or 4 in a row.

Maybe one explanation is that you don't count the first one if you don't wait for a specific pll. So 3 in a row is more like 2 if you don't wait for a specific pll. But with 5 or 6 this effect is not so big anymore.

One strange thing for me: all my PB are foll step.
Every time i get a skip, I've made some mistakes or a very bad F2L earlier in the solve and already lost the time that I save from the skip o_O

Foreright

One strange thing for me: all my PB are foll step.
Every time i get a skip, I've made some mistakes or a very bad F2L earlier in the solve and already lost the time that I save from the skip o_O

I think this is pretty normal - whenever I get step skips (I'm using Roux - generally CMLL skip) it totally screws with me and it often takes 2 or 3 seconds to realize why I can't recognise the case :D Looking at my spreadsheet, of my 20 best times only two (PB3 and PB5) have a CMLL skip, the rest are all full step.