• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Random Cubing Discussion

rubik2005

When can stores add a product that hasn't been released and start taking pre-orders for them? TC and SCS have done videos on products that weren't on their site immediately (like the Weilong AI), so do they need to wait until the orders begin to ship on their way to them?

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
I should know this, but how would I go about framecounting a TPS spam?
I can do it for you, if you like. If you would prefer to do it yourself, all you have to do is count the number of frames your execution takes then divide it by the FPS to get the time, then divide the number of turns by the time.

Waffles

all you have to do is count the number of frames your execution takes then divide it by the FPS to get the time, then divide the number of turns by the time.

I was going to ask this. Thanks anyway...

Also how can you tell what FPS your camera records in? I’m too lazy to look it up myself.

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
I was going to ask this. Thanks anyway...

Also how can you tell what FPS your camera records in? I’m too lazy to look it up myself.
What i do is i just go frame by frame until the second counter increases. the number of frames it took is the FPS. (most cameras are 30FPS, high quality cameras are often 60FPS, if that helps)

xyzzy

Also how can you tell what FPS your camera records in?
(i) Your camera should have a frame rate option somewhere. Delve into the settings menu if there is one.
(ii) On your computer, use MediaInfo. (Warning: this will not be accurate when VFR is involved.)
(iii) In whatever video editing software you use, you should be able to see the timecodes of the individual frames. This is especially relevant if you have weird cameras that record in variable frame rate (VFR) while still accurately recording timestamps. In this case, don't actually count frames, but just subtract the start and end times.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
When can stores add a product that hasn't been released and start taking pre-orders for them? TC and SCS have done videos on products that weren't on their site immediately (like the Weilong AI), so do they need to wait until the orders begin to ship on their way to them?
I think it’s when the final product packaging and accessories get finalized, the reviews copies of a puzzle are usually just the cube by itself or with any required tools to use adjustment systems

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
"Why We Cube" was a beautiful documentary and really inspiring whenever you feel like you hit a roadblock.
why we cube was as good, but when I have a cube in public, a lot of people refer to the netflix one when they see me cubing in public. Agreed about the whole streaming service thing and that would be the reason more random people have seen it

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
why we cube was as good, but when I have a cube in public, a lot of people refer to the netflix one when they see me cubing in public. Agreed about the whole streaming service thing and that would be the reason more random people have seen it
"Why We Cube" is more aimed towards cubers while ones like "The Speedcubers" can draw in outside audiences better.