• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone want to try this:
Of the people who have no nemesis, what is the least amount of people required to team up and 'nemesize' you?
It is impossible to nemesize a WR holder no matter how many people are in the team, so they won't get an answer.

Robert thinks his answer is 4: Feliks Zemdegs, a top-8 Sq-1 single person (not Andrea), Jan Bentlage, a top FM single person
I think I'm 5: Feliks Zemdegs, Jonatan Klosko, Wojciech Knott, Sebastien Auroux, Oleg/Ollie/Marcell/Grzegorz

I'm still not quite sure how this works. How do multiple people team up to nemesize someone if a nemesis is just one person?

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm still not quite sure how this works. How do multiple people team up to nemesize someone if a nemesis is just one person?

I guess people would join a specific individual (could be anyone, preferably a nemesis) by contributing a certain time so that they would collectively become a nemesis to someone else. I.e. if we wanted to 'nemesize' Grzegorz I could help by contributing a WR 4BLD single time, or Evan Liu would contribute a WR clock average time to help 'nemesize' Wojciech Knott? (obviously others are required, which goes back to Daniel's Q)

Last edited:

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For people with a nemesis, the answer is one, because it only requires one person to beat them in everything. For people with a WR, there is no possible team that can beat them in everything.
So this is only really for the ~250 people who have no nemesis, and have no WR. It requires at least 2 people to work as a 'nemesis team' to nemesize them (otherwise they would have a nemesis). You take the best result of the team from each event, and those results need to nemesize the person in question. It's way harder to explain than the concept is.
I want to know what the smallest team for each person is. Many people will have multiple possible smallest teams.

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I came up with mine with a fair amount of ease.

Daniel Sheppard (beats me at everything except 3x3 BLD mean)

+

Haiyan Zhuang (庄海燕) (beats me in 3x3 BLD mean)

= 2 people

+ bonus points for no Feliks

Obviously there are a lot more combinations. I am ranked 61st for 3BLD mean, so the top 60 could be interchangeable.

Feliks and Antoine?

23 FMC BOI

#YEAROFTHEWALKER2014

Laura O

WCA
2009OHRN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Daniel is actually my "tied nemesis" because we both have a 24 FMC single. So it's Daniel + someone with a sub 24 FMC single for me.

Another possibility would be Sébastien and Evan Liu (Clock single and average, SQ-1 single).

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
Pretty easy for me: Daniel Sheppard + Bence Barat. Daniel beats me at everything but sq1 single and 3bld mean, Bence beats me at everything but skewb single, blg BLDs and multi.

Note that replacing either of them by Feliks doesn't work :p

ottozing

Platinum Member
WCA
2012MCNE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Too lazy to actually figure out the team of people who combined are my nemesis, but I know it's more than 2 people because the 2 people ahead of me for skewb don't beat my 2x2 or sq1 avg, and the 5 people ahead of me for 2x2 avg don't beat my skewb or sq1 avg :3

If someone would be willing to figure out the team for me, that'd be swell :tu