• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
thank you. I have heard of look ahead but i didnt really know how to use it really. I guess maybe im still not used to the cube, as i just see the case and do the algs i remember.
I did do inspection but because i only have 15 seconds (like in WCA i wanted it to be a proper inspection) i just inspected quickly.
I need time to think, so i have a problem at that.

but anyway i will try to find in youtube how to do 4LLL, thanks.
Edit: I also forgot to tell you the the cube also is slowing me down as it does lockups when i try to speedcube.
As before i said im getting a new cube the Moyu RS3 2020
Btw the 4lll is pretty hard even if beginner

Skewb_Cube

I think look ahead for now is something you don't need to worry about, and also use unlimited inspection because if you have a certain time of inspection it adds pressure, when you feel ready for the 15 second inspection, do it.

Skewb_Cube

oh ok. But i think the 4lll is a bit complicated
Should i practice and use it still tho?

At the beginning 4LLL looks and sounds difficult, but if you concentrate you could easily learn the algs and cases, and if you try to learn 4LLL don't learn the algs and cases the same day or you will forget them, learn 2-3 algs and cases per day.

When you learn 4LLL drill the algs so they become part of your muscle memory.

Once I finished 4LLL I thought learning 2 look last layer would be difficult and I would forget the algorithms but I learn them all and drill them, so now they are in my muscle memory. So practice and perseverance are important.

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok thank you i will practice and try

i mean like after i get sub 1 minute on beginners then i will switch to CFOP Thats basically my goal

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
just to make the first sentence seem a big accomplishment but when you scroll down it actually something, little, but soon remembering all 4LLL's algs and being able to execute them during speedsolves, will lower my time down greatly, just time and practice :p

Skewb_Cube

Oh, ok... putting 4LLL into your muscle memory will take a few hours of doing solves and drilling the algorithms. For now do U moves to recognize the case and DON'T ROTATE, and also learn good algs and fingertricks or else is going to be hard to learn other algorithms to replace the bad ones.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
ik but the 4lll is so hard omg
I have so many cases and algs
The only one i know is Sune, working on Antisune
Orienting the edges is the only one i can do intuitively also tho

Skewb_Cube

ik but the 4lll is so hard omg
I have so many cases and algs
The only one i know is Sune, working on Antisune
Orienting the edges is the only one i can do intuitively also tho

Ok, at the beginning is hard to learn to algs and get them into muscle memory, but you will get use to it. And if these seems hard then you find it way harder to learn Full OLL and PLL.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, at the beginning is hard to learn to algs and get them into muscle memory, but you will get use to it. And if these seems hard then you find it way harder to learn Full OLL and PLL.
yea your right. Im using jperm.net for my algs and the trainer which i think is gonna help.

SpeedyCube

So, I'm kinda in the boat, beginner learning CFOP. I went from an average time of 2:15 last month to right around a minute, and I’m still in the process of learning 4LLL. Here’s some things I learned that helped:

Get a good cube! I started with a Rubik’s cube, and that thing is SO hard to turn. Ordering an actual speed cube instantly dropped 20 seconds off my time.

I now have access to a few speed cubes. The Gan 354 M v2 is my favorite by far, and it’s currently on sale at www.thecubicle.com and www.speedcubeshop.com . I have a SpeedRipper from Amazon (kinda middle of the road), and purchased a YuXin Little Magic for $5 for my little siblings. The last two are decent cubes, but will help if you’re on a tight budget.

Also, try learning this “beginner’s method” with is most likely different than the one you’re using. I’ve found it to be the most easy to learn of the various LBL beginner methods: https://garron.us/cube/solution.pdf

Here’s the page that helped me learn 4LLL: https://thomasje.webs.com/4lll-tutorial-2

Also, I wouldn’t try to fit your inspection into 15 seconds at first. I started with unlimited inspection time to plan out the cross, then went down to 30 seconds, etc. On average I take about 8 seconds now to plan the cross and the first few moves. It just comes with practice. The more your brain is trained for pattern recognition, the faster you’ll become. It just happens with practice.

Anyway, I hope this helps you. It’s helped me quite a bit.

Last edited:

TheMasterJadi

Right now my avg is 1 min and 30 sec and my PB is 1 min and 12 sec. Practicing and Practicing, but my cube is trash, its a knock-off i think. Getting the mf3rs3m cube. Any tips and help are Welcome, just saying again. :)
Watch the wired tutorial, that helped me learn and get sub 1-minute times