• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Hi y'all

I'm a brand new cuber who likes to get into speedcubing. Therefor i bought a mf3rs2. But straight out of the box all my faces make a strange squeaking/ rattling noice (it sounds kind of like some sort of spring idk). Is this a common issue? Can i fix it or should i send it back?

Thanks! :)
Lube the springs

Hi y'all

I'm a brand new cuber who likes to get into speedcubing. Therefor i bought a mf3rs2. But straight out of the box all my faces make a strange squeaking/ rattling noice (it sounds kind of like some sort of spring idk). Is this a common issue? Can i fix it or should i send it back?

Thanks! :)
You can pop off the center caps and then carefully unscrew the screw, take the spring and washer out and lube them a little bit where the spring and washer contact eachother and the plastic. Then screw the screw back in. Spring noise should be gone. It's not hard to do, but you have to be careful you don't lose the little parts.

3141 Rubik's Cube Avenue, Somewhere on Earth
WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
WhoCube
I'm having an issue with my GAN 356 X Stickerless with Numerical IPG. I received it May 8 or 9, but I'd have to check to see which one. Anyway, ootb I did not have any issues, except for what you'd expect for an ootb cube. I broke it in over the next few days, and was actually doing extremely well. My previous best single and avg were 18.15 and 23.67 respectively on a(n) (overlubed) Valk 3 Power M, but on the fifth solve on the GAN, I got a personal best of 16.55! The next day, I got 16.40, and then on day 3, I finally got my first ever sub-15 solve (14.18) and a really "good" (see thread "How good is "good"? for quote) average of 5, at 20.93 seconds! My times improved substantially, but after 1-2 weeks, they returned to (slightly better than) normal, and on June 1st, I had my first significant problem on the GAN X. The Green-White-Red corner popped, but not in the usual fashion. The cube was tensioned tightly enough that I wouldn't have any "normal" pops, but the corner stuck out from the stem, and fell on the ground. After examining it carefully, I found that It had done a very clean break from the stem. The only way this could have happened, to my knowledge, was if the parts used to make the piece had separated somehow. I was able to pop it back in, but I kept experiencing problems with it throughout the day. However, since it dropped while I was solving it, and since I was outdoors most of the day it fell on the concrete, that could have been a factor. I also did an unusually high number of solves for me (140+) that day, so that may have been the problem. I was also experiencing minor problems with the Green-Yellow-Red piece, but it only stuck out a little bit.
As time went on, the problem didn't progress all that much, but it did stay as it was.
However, about 1-2 weeks ago (in late July or early August) it started happening with another corner (the Green-White-Orange one) one.
One thing that I've noticed so far is that all the problem corners are on the green side, but it might just be a coincidence.

If any of you have ever had a problem like this, or know how I can fix the problem without buying replacement corners, please let me know.
In (not exactly) dire need of assistance,
WhiteKB

I'm having an issue with my GAN 356 X Stickerless with Numerical IPG. I received it May 8 or 9, but I'd have to check to see which one. Anyway, ootb I did not have any issues, except for what you'd expect for an ootb cube. I broke it in over the next few days, and was actually doing extremely well. My previous best single and avg were 18.15 and 23.67 respectively on a(n) (overlubed) Valk 3 Power M, but on the fifth solve on the GAN, I got a personal best of 16.55! The next day, I got 16.40, and then on day 3, I finally got my first ever sub-15 solve (14.18) and a really "good" (see thread "How good is "good"? for quote) average of 5, at 20.93 seconds! My times improved substantially, but after 1-2 weeks, they returned to (slightly better than) normal, and on June 1st, I had my first significant problem on the GAN X. The Green-White-Red corner popped, but not in the usual fashion. The cube was tensioned tightly enough that I wouldn't have any "normal" pops, but the corner stuck out from the stem, and fell on the ground. After examining it carefully, I found that It had done a very clean break from the stem. The only way this could have happened, to my knowledge, was if the parts used to make the piece had separated somehow. I was able to pop it back in, but I kept experiencing problems with it throughout the day. However, since it dropped while I was solving it, and since I was outdoors most of the day it fell on the concrete, that could have been a factor. I also did an unusually high number of solves for me (140+) that day, so that may have been the problem. I was also experiencing minor problems with the Green-Yellow-Red piece, but it only stuck out a little bit.
As time went on, the problem didn't progress all that much, but it did stay as it was.
However, about 1-2 weeks ago (in late July or early August) it started happening with another corner (the Green-White-Orange one) one.
One thing that I've noticed so far is that all the problem corners are on the green side, but it might just be a coincidence.

If any of you have ever had a problem like this, or know how I can fix the problem without buying replacement corners, please let me know.
In (not exactly) dire need of assistance,
WhiteKB
There are videos on YouTube, glue it together. I used one by speedcube.com.au It has happened to me multiple times. Be careful glueing it, make sure it doesn’t get on the other pieces. Wait for it to dry before using the cube. One time I glued it wrong, so I got a replacement part from the gan website. They ship it from China, it took a month to arrive in the USA. If you use the card that came with the cube, you can get the part for free. Only get a new part if you have to.

3141 Rubik's Cube Avenue, Somewhere on Earth
WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
WhoCube
There are videos on YouTube, glue it together. I used one by speedcube.com.au It has happened to me multiple times. Be careful glueing it, make sure it doesn’t get on the other pieces. Wait for it to dry before using the cube. One time I glued it wrong, so I got a replacement part from the gan website. They ship it from China, it took a month to arrive in the USA. If you use the card that came with the cube, you can get the part for free. Only get a new part if you have to.
Oh, wow! I didn't know the card did that! I thought it was just a fun accessory.
Thanks a million! I will try looking at tutorials on YouTube. :D