• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Help Thread] Finger Tricks Discussion and Help

Dan the Beginner

Premium Member
Here's something I just found that's really useful. It is a video by Chris Olson. This has very clear explanations, demos in slow motion and it also has back views to show some tricks. In addition, it often show alternative ways of doing the same move, which is great as not everyone is the same. It should be very useful to other Beginners struggling here, or to the experts to show people they teach. 👍

The M move instructions start from 12:37 into the video. Please don't forget to click "Like".

AnDang

I have great difficulties doing the M2 moves by my right hand, and it seems virtually impossible to do so quickly by my left hand. M moves are absolutely impossible, and I usually do r' R instead. How do you do the M2 moves quickly? Please provide a detailed description if possible.

cuberswoop

I have great difficulties doing the M2 moves by my right hand, and it seems virtually impossible to do so quickly by my left hand. M moves are absolutely impossible, and I usually do r' R instead. How do you do the M2 moves quickly? Please provide a detailed description if possible.
I push the back of the M slice with my index finger and then bring my middle finger up to hit the layer. For M moves, I just push back with my middle finger.