• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Kit Clement

Premium Member
WCA
2008CLEM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
There may be a better cross color visually, but since WCA uses a random state scrambler, there is no bias toward a particular color having shorter optimal cross solutions on average. Some states are removed from the whole state space, but these are just 0-2 move solutions of the entire cube, which eliminates some short crosses but it does so on all sides due to symmetry.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am starting to leanr F2L and want a few scrambles with the cross very easy or solved.
Thanks!
If you go to csTimer and click "WCA", select"3x3x3", and click"easy scramble" which should be 2nd from last in the right column, you will get some easy crosses! :)
If you select 3x3 instead of WCA, you'll get a lot of subsets in the second dropbox such as OLL, PLL, ZBLL, L10P, LSLL etc. Select the last option in that dropbox which says "cross solved". You'll get scrambles with cross solved.

Llewelys

Hey everyone,
So recently I was practicing my cross efficiency on https://christianvaughn.net/C2F2L/# with the level at 7 moves so that I can be sub-20 soon and I found a scramble that I can't solve in 8 moves or less. It's one of those scrambles where most of the cross pieces are flipped on the D layer. Can someone figure out a 7 or 8 move solution for it and if possible what are some general tips for flipped cross piece cases like this one?
You can enter the scramble in csTimer with "Input > Extern" or "alt+i"
In the tools select "Solvers", and it'll give you a cross solution for every color.
For your specific scramble (F2 U2 D2 B' L2 F' B' U2 B' L2 B2 U R' F R' B2 R' B L' R' F), it gives you for white:
z2 F2 R D F R' B L
It can help you find cross ideas, and you can use it as an exercise to find the best angle to fingertrick a cross

carcass

WCA
2018HANC03
Also, I reccomend that you simply scramble a cube, figure out a way to solve it in 8 moves or less, and repeat this process until you can solve the cross without looking at the cube
agreed except for the 8 moves part. 99% of the time you should be able to solve the cross in 7 moves or less, even if you are white cross only.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Its quite easy to solve the entire cross, and even do it blindfolded. So it should be executed at max speed.

The ideal case is where you execute cross+1 F2L pair (xcross_ at full speed), and just slow down a little towards the end of the xcross solution.

OreKehStrah

You should do all the things everyone else has mentioned, as well as make posts in the already existing mega threads for asking simple questions instead of making new threads.

LukasDikic

Cube Pickup

I average a full second slower on stackmat for 3x3, I'm fine with 2x2, and big cubes, but with 3x3, I have so much trouble with pickup, and this messes up the entire flow of my solve. I know stackmat normally takes off about 0.3 seconds but the pickup disrupts my whole solve. If I pick it up fast my hands tense up, and then I lock up a lot, and if I pick it up safely than my F2L is slower because the level of speed in my solve doesn't really change. I solve everything at the same speed, preferably. Any tips?