• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

| CubeReds progression | Road to sub 15 3x3 against CFOP INC | Journey to sub 1 4x4|

How long do you think it will take me to reach sub 15?

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since Christmas is closing in, should I get a new 3x3 or a new puzzle?
Hmm... If you aren't satisfied with your 3x3, maybe you should get another magnetic one. If you're currently doing fine with your 3x3 puzzle, you can get other WCA puzzles such as pyraminx, skewb, megaminx, or a 15 puzzle. They are really fun and amazing!

I'm also currently thinking bout what I should get for Christmas. So many choices!

Last edited:

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
New PB for a new session!
Scramble shown on top.
View attachment 17378
Very nice F2L flow. Even had some 3 movers, but the LL was sick. Fat sune into PLL skip, no AUF. I think I can reconstruct this...

EDIT: Nope. Can someone reconstruct LSLL for me? I'll reconstruct the rest soon.
I got a solve very like that for my first sub-10 (same last layer and had some 3 movers in F2L)! Congrats.

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
I couldn’t help but try to reconstruct it so does this look at all familiar…
z2 y2 D’ F’ L’ M2 U2 M2 // Cross
U’ R’ U R // Pair #1

Only cross I could find that gives a (technically) 3 mover at the beginning of F2L. You can remove the y2 rotation and do the cross from a different angle to give the same thing, but then this pair is in the back and not as noticeable.

CubeRed

I couldn’t help but try to reconstruct it so does this look at all familiar…
z2 y2 D’ F’ L’ M2 U2 M2 // Cross
U’ R’ U R // Pair #1

Only cross I could find that gives a (technically) 3 mover at the beginning of F2L. You can remove the y2 rotation and do the cross from a different angle to give the same thing, but then this pair is in the back and not as noticeable.
Oh no... I think I misscrambled it...

YouTube
Visit Channel
Today my class had a zoom meeting and the teacher was new so she decided to show what she liked doing the most, then ask us what we liked. So, like any cuber would do, I decided to show off my PB. The teacher was very amazed. She said I might even be able to show off at a school assembly. 🤣 Fun days.
Nice Man! Haha. Your PB is sub 10. No wonder your teacher is amazed. That's still really funny!! 🤣

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
Today my class had a zoom meeting and the teacher was new so she decided to show what she liked doing the most, then ask us what we liked. So, like any cuber would do, I decided to show off my PB. The teacher was very amazed. She said I might even be able to show off at a school assembly. 🤣 Fun days.
I would have just done Yusheng Du's WR scramble blindfolded.

CubeRed

So, my rate of progression has slowed down a lot. My average is about 17.25 with 320ish solves. So now, I am tackling OLL. First, I will train some algs I know. I think that will help with my recognition, especially for the lightnings. (Currently I have a very inefficient approach of matching to a certain position then AUF to execute alg)