• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
222 EG1 Pi no swap:

Bar at back, Pi headlights on left: (F U' R U') (B R' U' R' U') (ARF)
Bar on right, Pi headlights at front: (R' U' R' U') (B R' U R' F) (ARF)
Bar at front, Pi headlights on right: F (R' U R' F) (U' R' U' R') (AUF)
Bar on back, Pi headlights at right: F' (U R' F U' R U R B) (ARF)

There are so many short and decent algs for this case...

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Since we're on the topic of F perms:

R U R' F' U2 R' U' R U' F U' R' U' R U R U' R'
R U R' U' R' U R U F' U R' U R U2 F R U' R'

Random fact: I found this whilst I was in Kevin Hays' room at the Riviera Hotel with Canadians playing SSBM. I can sub 2 the first one but I think maybe it's faster to just do U TpermFperm U'

Unparalleled

WCA
2013STAN06
For some reason, I can't stand the common A-perm algs, (I know, blasphemy!) in fact they're my least favorite PLL besides the Ns. A while back I found an A-perm in this thread: (R U R' F') (r U R' U') (r' F R2 U' R'). It's just a fat J-perm, but I was giddy for days to finally abandon one of my A-perms. Can anyone help me make a similar style alg for the other A-perm, Ab? I messed around with my Ja alg (x U2 r' U' r U2 l' U R' U' R2) for a while but couldn't find a way to make it work.

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel
For some reason, I can't stand the common A-perm algs, (I know, blasphemy!) in fact they're my least favorite PLL besides the Ns. A while back I found an A-perm in this thread: (R U R' F') (r U R' U') (r' F R2 U' R'). It's just a fat J-perm, but I was giddy for days to finally abandon one of my A-perms. Can anyone help me make a similar style alg for the other A-perm, Ab? I messed around with my Ja alg (x U2 r' U' r U2 l' U R' U' R2) for a while but couldn't find a way to make it work.

Have you tried the inverse?
R U R2' F' r U R U' r' F R U' R'

Also, these optimal algs can be rotated like so:

Unparalleled

WCA
2013STAN06
Thanks a ton Brest for all that, the inverse seems like the best out of all of them (I feel dumb for not trying that!). It doesn't flow quite as nice as the fat J-perm but it could just be because I'm not used to it. I still like it better than the common A-perm, so thank you!

EDIT: After messing around with (R U R2' F' r U R U' r' F R U' R') I found that I can perform it faster if I start the alg with both thumbs on the F face and use my left pointer for the F'. I can do it faster than the standard A-perm now, awesome!

Last edited: