• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Was messing around with stuff randomly, found some algs that might be nice
Y: R' U2 R U R' U R2 U' R' U2 R U' R' U2 R' D' R U R' D R
N: R U R' U R U2' R' U' R U' R' U2 R U' R' U2 R' D' R U R' D R
V: R U' R' U2 R U' R' U2 R' D' R U R' D R U' R U R' U R U2' R' (U')
E: R U' R' U2 R U' R' U2 R' D' R U R' D R L' U2 L U L' U L (U)

Maybe good for OH or bigcubes coz mainly RU? I dunno, I like the N and the Y from the back though. Took me a while to realise I now know diag (anti)sune COLL :p.

Fun bonus: l' U l' U R' U' (R l) U2 r' U' r U l

Bhargav777

OH friendly please
WCA
2011NARA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
This alg isn't in the wiki.

Just in case someone wants to add it to the PLL page, its decomposition is: [R U: [U R2: [F, R] ] [R' F': (U)] ]. (You will have to add a y2 cube rotation setup to match the case images in the wiki though).

I tried editing the page , but it said the alg is a duplicate. Can someone else add please? :) Thanks.
Also for this ZBLL - http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/in...iew&view=default&puzzle=3&group=ZBLL-U&cid=25

R U2 R' U2 L' U2 R U2 R' U2 L

And its inverse for this ZBLL - http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/in...iew&view=default&puzzle=3&group=ZBLL-T&cid=43

L' U2 R U2 R' U2 L U2 R U2 R'

Can someone please add these to the page?

sokoban

Did I just discover a new OLL algorithm?

Hey guys, I was playing about on my cube, and I think I found a new algorithm. I have checked the wiki and I haven't found this alg. It's the Bowtie case. To do it, hold the front-facing sticker in the ULF and perform the alg: (R' F) (R U R' U') (R' F') (R U R). Do you think this is relatively fast??

Cheers for your advice!

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
New Y-perm Alg? Didn't find it in the wiki

R' U' R U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R2 U R

Has anyone else found this?

It's basically R' U' R U' setup to J-perm with cancellations in the undoing

Last edited:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's quite a long G perm, but it's quite easy to remember; it's sexy moves, sledgehammers and Sunes. Gb was the one I found originally; it's just Sexy, Sledgehammer*3, Sexy*2, U', Sune. The others are inverses and reflections:
Ga
G3.gif

(R U2 R') U' (R U2' R') (U R U' l') (U R' U') (R U R' U') (R U R' U') l (U R U' R')

Gb
G2.gif

[y] (R U R' U') (l' U R U') (R' U R U') (R' U R U') (l U R' U') (R U2' R') U (R U2' R')

Gc
G1.gif

[y2] (R' U2) (R U R') U2' (R U' R') U l U' (R U R' U') (R U R' U') (R U l' U') (R' U R)

Gd
G.gif

[y] (R' U' R U) (l U' R' U) (R U' R' U) (R U' R' U) (l' U' R U) (R' U2' R) U' (R' U2' R)

Edit: I realised I'd done something that made things more difficult and reflected the algorithms differently to make them easier to do.

Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
New Y-perm Alg? Didn't find it in the wiki

R' U' R U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R2 U R

Has anyone else found this?

It's basically R' U' R U' setup to J-perm with cancellations in the undoing
Great alg! Flows so well and I'm pleased to have Y-perm that doesn't end in F'. Thanks!