• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Force

Do people know about the alternate way to switch corners. Its much faster. This one:
y' (RUR'F') (rUR'U') r'FR2U'R'

1967703.jpg

For this case in PLL. To switch corners. Sorry I went offtopic suddenly.

Last edited by a moderator:

kunparekh18

WCA
2013PARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 2765

For this case in PLL. To switch corners. Sorry I went offtopic suddenly. The alg to switch corners. y' (RUR'F)(rUR'U')r'FR2U'Ri

Nice alg for Aa perm, for those who want it similar to their T/J perms. I'll just keep using my RUD one though :p And the move I've bolded in your alg should be F'

Last edited:

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
OK so I tried for weeks to find good fingering for the common RUR'y-style G-perms, without regrips or rotations, and was never really satisfied. The algs just seem difficult to execute smoothly, and in most cases involve some awkward movements. I hate G-perms! So I went looking for alternative algs, and found these (they're not on the wiki).

Ga = D' R2 U R' U R' U' R U' R2 [D U'] R' U R
Gb = D R' U' R [U D'] R2 U R' U R U' R U' R'2
Gc = D R'2 U' R U' R U R' U R2 [D' U] R U' R'
Gd = D' R U R' [U' D] R2 U' R U' R' U R' U R2

All with headlights to the left. Source: http://absolutemind.pagesperso-orange.fr/pll2h-angl.html

These are a bit longer but seem to flow so much better and within an hour or two I had them faster than my old awkward G-perms :p. Does anyone know of any videos or fingertricks for these algs? Does anyone else use them?

jayefbe

WCA
2013BAHR02
I don't like the common G-perms either and have been using ones similar to what you posted. Using [U, D'] or [U', D] moves except with the headlights all on the right. I think the ones I use flow a little better, but I haven't tried the ones you posted out.

I got the ones I use from TellerWest's YouTube page. Search TellerWest YouTube g perm and the video will pop up. Very fun to perform.

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Those are the ones, thanks! Here's the vid. Pity that Ga and Gc aren't shown in the video. Gb and Gd are identical to the above algs except the leading D/D' is moved to the end. Also a trailing U/U' which I dislike on PLLs as I don't align to F2L until the end!

Yes We Can!

WCA
2009DIEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
By just messing around without thinking I found this J-Perm:

F U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' F'

I don't know whether anyone's found it before but I think it's really good. No regrips, too.

EDIT: I just checked and it's not on the Wiki. I think this could be a very good alternative to the current standard algs :).

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel

I don't know whether anyone's found it before but I think it's really good. No regrips, too.

EDIT: I just checked and it's not on the Wiki. I think this could be a very good alternative to the current standard algs :).

Really like that alg.

Similar to this Yperm: F R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' F'

The U' goes from 2nd to 2nd last.

omer

Been using it for months. I don't understand why it's not popular, it's very T-permy.

CubezUBR

WCA
2013SAUN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
a new fast chameleon oll algorithm?

i was messing around and found the chameleon algorithm :R U R' U' L' U R U' M.
it took a lot of getting used to but now it flows a bit better than the one i (and most other people use) which is r U R' U' r' F R F'.
to execute hold it so the 2 unsolved corners are on the left.
if you found this before me or have already seen it, forgive me and i will close this post.:confused:

kunparekh18

WCA
2013PARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
it took a lot of getting used to but now it flows a bit better than the one i (and most other people use) which is r U R' U' r' F R F'.
if you found this before me or have already seen it, forgive me and i will close this post.:confused:

Awesome! But instead of M it's M' x'

omer

It's a nice alg but imo the rotation at the end isn't worth it.
I was hoping this would solve one of the other 5 chameleon COLL cases but it's just the same as the regular one :(