• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

omer

A long but fast Ab perm I just "found" (it's just OLL 34 followed by OLL 37):
Headlights on B face:
(R U R' U') B' R' F R B R' F' R U R U' R'

speedpicker

OLL 49

y2 r U R’ U R U’ R’ U R U2’ r’ (from the orientation on the wiki)

anyone want to add this to the wiki? I think it is certainly faster, more fingertrickable and easier to execute than most of the algs listed under OLL 49, yet isn't there. I found it by mirroring the left hand heavy first alg listed for OLL 53: l' U' L U' L' U L U' L' U2 l , which Im not so keen on.

omer

OLL 13:
R U2 L' U' L U2 R' U' L F' L' F

It's not optimal but it's still pretty fast and easy to remember:

Found it by messing around with F2L pairs on the top layer... Take the right-front one out, move it U2 away, bring the left-front one out while putting the right one in the back-left slot, take the right one out of the back-left slot and insert it back with U2, then insert the left one with a sledge hammer back to its spot.

OLL 14 is just a mirror:
L' U2 R U R' U2 L U R' F R F'

Last edited:
WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

elrog

YouTube
Visit Channel
On the wikis PLL page, it posts the most common algs first, right? Well, The first Y-perm is that horrible 17 move one. I have come up with a 13 move one. R' U' Lw D2' Lw' U R Dw R2 U' R2 U' R2 Never again will I use the 17 move one. I have also found this PBL algorithm which I beleive is easier than the algorithm on the wiki for the same case. Swaps UFL - UBL and DFL - DBL. F2 D F2 U2 R2 U R2 It also preserves the middle layer and edge orientation on the 3x3 and is the same amount of moves as the one o the wiki.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel

mati1242

any good algs for OLL 41 and 42?

OLL 41 Headlights on the back:

(R U R' U R U2 R') F (R U R' U') F

OLL 42 Headlights on the front:

R' U' R U F R U R' U' R' U R U' F'

or Headlights on the left

(R' F R F') (R' F R F') R U R' U' R U R'

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
thanks for the quick reply!
for OLL 41 im currently using R U' R' U2 R U y R U' R' U' F'
and OLL 42 im using the crappy one with 2 rotations

SenileGenXer

Is there a Sledgehammer or similar for the first F2L case? Some nice tight low move count way to insert the last f2l pair when split and change the LL edge orientation a little bit? Besides stopping short on correcting the first case and then doing the sledgehammer?

All I can come up with is F' U2 F U (F R' F' R) That's almost as long as the VHF2L for it that will put up all four edges.

Edit added URLs and an example to try to be clear.

Last edited:

omer

Is there a Sledgehammer or similar for the first F2l case? Some nice tight low move count way to insert the last f2l pair when split in case 1 and change the LL edge orientation a little bit? Besides stopping short on correcting the first case and then doing the sledgehammer?
Huh? could you be a little more clear? I don't really understand what you're asking for.

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a Sledgehammer or similar for the first F2L case? Some nice tight low move count way to insert the last f2l pair when split and change the LL edge orientation a little bit? Besides stopping short on correcting the first case and then doing the sledgehammer?

All I can come up with is F' U2 F U (F R' F' R) That's almost as long as the VHF2L for it that will put up all four edges.

Edit added URLs and an example to try to be clear.

as far as i know, there isn't one short enough that affects EO.
U r' R2 U' R' U M'
you can use that if it's easy enough. sledgehammer-like would just be too good.

when i get no edges with that case, i just insert it. the dot cases are only barely longer than the average OLL, and a 3-move insert is much better than 7 or 8 with a chance for a better OLL. remember, some OLL cases are really bad and some dot cases aren't so bad.