• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2022CHRI09
I have a better R perm
R' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2 and mirror
13 moves
thanks. imma go to a search if i can find a 13 mover more effecient kind of

thanks. imma go to a search if i can find a 13 mover more effecient kind of
I have a better R perm
R' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2 and mirror
13 moves
yo thank you so much mate!
is R' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F R2 an RA perm and the mirror is RB Perm?

joshisbored

WCA
2023ECKM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Infer
Look at the best algs and you’ll find it
wasnt syaing there were the best i was just saying its good if you want sub 1

i split it into two parts, lie F R U' R' U R U R', then R U R'U R' F R F'.
I also memorized it like ok so i open it, then do a sexy move but on the same side, then do a sexy move withour the u', the close is, then do a sexy move then sledge.

i know it sounds weird but im planing learning f perm that way two

Nooby-Cuber

I get what you're saying I think. Basically, to help memorize easier, you split it into two different sections/patterns, right? If you do that, you'll also notice a lot of different PLL and OLL algs share similar patterns. A lot of them use the sledgehammer sexy move, for instance

Osric

So in the pictured situation, I would normally do a JPerm:

Screen Shot 2022-10-28 at 7.03.52 PM.png
and I always do the jperm on the right, so I have to start iwth a U2, like this:

U2 R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R'

This approach is 14 moves. I have not worked on my fingertricks/speed, so this takes me around 6 seconds (I realize this probably sounds ridiculously slow, but that's actually a pretty fast turn speed for me as I try to look ahead to LSE).

My analyzer suggests that I consider this alternative:

R2 F2 R U R' F2 r F' R

and honestly I can't see what's wrong with it. It's 9 moves, which is a _lot_ fewer than 14. The three F moves are bound to be worse than R/U for some people, but I would expect I could execute them reasonably.

I'd appreciate people's comments on these two approaches to this case.

Also, if I have asked this in the wrong forum please let me know.

Osric

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Consider it in QTM instead of HTM (while ignoring the first U2): 14 moves vs 12, but the first one avoids F2s which are slow. Secondly, the way you lookahead to LSE for the first alg is by realising (after the U2) that the UF and UR edges swap, and that's it. EO won't change, neither will the permutation of any other edge. Thirdly, you should probably learn to turn faster. People can do the first alg in around .6 seconds give or take, literally ten times faster. This seems to be a skill issue more than anything else, so I guess fix that or something.

Hope this helped!

Osric

So you don't think that you could drill R2 F2 R U R' F2 r F' R until it was faster than JPerm because of the F2s, essentially?