• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
C

csfield

Katsu's N b:

z U' R D' R2 U R' U' z' R U R' z R2 U R' z' R U'

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
I am updating now.

Harris, I was thinking the same thing. Feel free to start it if you would like. Afterall, you have some real quick OLL's.

dChan

WCA
2007CHAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here are some interesting algs by Stefan Pochmann:

N1 perm --- R U' R' U l U F U' R' F' R U' R U l' U R'
Found with ACube and optimizing by hand, but I don't exactly remember how.

N2 perm --- R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R
F<->B mirror of the N1 perm. I never change grip with the left hand, though it does tilt the cube a bit.

E perm --- l' U' L' U R U' l U R' U' L U R U' l' U
Found with ACube, restricting moves to <U,L,R,F> and then optimizing the short algs by hand. Once ACube supports double-layer turns it will be so much more powerful.

V perm --- R' U R' d' R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F
Found with ACube, don't remember how.

F perm --- R' U R U' R2' F' U' F U R U' x' R2 U' R' U
Maybe found with ACube or modified by hand from previously known alg, don't remember.

F perm --- R' U2 R' d' R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R U' F
Built from my V perm alg with setup moves (R' U R). I have seen many different V perms with the same start (R' U R U') so go ahead and try converting it to an F perm like this as well, the cancellations at start are good and maybe you can cancel something at the end, too.

Y perm --- z' U2 L' U' L U L' y' L' U' R U' R' U' L U
Found with ACube, don't remember how. This is the alg I use for one-handed cubing. Only having <U,L,R> is very good for this I think, these moves are easy to execute with one hand (I use my left hand).

Y perm --- z U2 R U R' U' R y R U L' U L U R' U'
Mirror of the previous alg. I don't use this one, but maybe someone else likes it for one-handed or regular speedsolving.

E perm --- (r' R' U') (L D' L' U L) (R U' R' D R) U
Found with ACube and optimizing myself. This is not the alg that I use, even though it's short and has no F or B turns and flows ok. The other alg is just faster for me. But you should try this one and see for yourself. I think I saw Takahito Domon use this alg in a video but I'm not sure, at least he executed it differently.

Edit: Oh YES- I forgot to give my magical H-perm- hopefully it has yet to be written-

L R U2 x U D x' y U2 L R

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
I am updating now. And yeah, that H perm you provided Daniel doesn't work here either.

Cubinator

R2 U R2 U' R2 F2 R2 U' F2 U R2 F2 is a Z-perm I found.

Edit: Here are a couple 2-gens I just found also (although they're very long, they have some nice triggers)

R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U' is a Z-Perm
R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U' R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U is an H-Perm

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
Originally posted by Cubinator@May 9 2007, 04:07 AM
R2 U R2 U' R2 F2 R2 U' F2 U R2 F2 is a Z-perm I found.

Edit: Here are a couple 2-gens I just found also (although they're very long, they have some nice triggers)

R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U' is a Z-Perm
R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U' R U R' U R U' R' U R U2 R' U is an H-Perm
24 moves.. for a 2 gen Z-perm? You might as well do 2 11 move 3-cycles with 1 move canceling out to get 21 moves ;).