• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The Ortega Method- How it works, and how to be world-class with it

yoshinator

WCA
2011HUTN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
[video=youtube_share;0_Bd3pNAN6o]http://youtu.be/0_Bd3pNAN6o[/video]

In which I go over the steps and algorithms for the Ortega 2x2 method, and talk about common mistakes, and some tips and techniques that will help you to improve, and ultimately to reach sub-3 averages.

If you are confused or have any questions or comments on the workings of the method, or how to improve at it, please leave a comment or video response. I am also absolutely willing to critique video of your solves.

Thanks for watching!

[The video will be up soon, be patient]

Last edited:

cannon4747

WCA
2011vili01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank God someone finally did this!!! There are way too many vids about 3x3, especially CFOP, I'm glad I finally found something to teach me things other than basics for this method. I've picked up some techniques on my own though (I'm not sure whats on the video, it hasn't finished uploading yet). Some things I've done is making it so that if I have an adjacent edge swap on bottom, I always put the solved pieces towards the front of the cube after finishing first side so that all I need to do for any LL case is AUF. I still need to find a bottom layer adjacent rear edge swap though for this to be effective...

Veerexx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank God someone finally did this!!! There are way too many vids about 3x3, especially CFOP, I'm glad I finally found something to teach me things other than basics for this method. I've picked up some techniques on my own though (I'm not sure whats on the video, it hasn't finished uploading yet). Some things I've done is making it so that if I have an adjacent edge swap on bottom, I always put the solved pieces towards the front of the cube after finishing first side so that all I need to do for any LL case is AUF. I still need to find a bottom layer adjacent rear edge swap though for this to be effective...

I see you think that this is for 3x3. Just a heads up, this is for 2x2 using Ortega...
(It says up the top in the quote)