• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

The method debate thread

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I did some Averaging of pros and cons of methods..
i started with ZZ v EOcross v Petrus
ZZ:14Cfop:14EOcross:10Petrus:10
i now think petrus can deffinitly be sub 8
I than Did Leor v Petrus
and leor got 7 petrus got 8
(it was just two so it was diff numbers.)
Catagories i looked into for this
Rotations
Movecount
inspection
regrips
pausing(lookahaed.
it was pretty basic but i just wanted an overview and i'm glad i chose petrus because it seems to have slightly more potential than ZZ
im not trying to start a method debate and this is not fact, its just what i've observed possible.
You may not have tried to start a debate but others did so anyway.
I’m not going to enter into this since it seems kind of pointless. All methods realistically have the same potential until WR standards, and even then we have not reached method limits. And I doubt most people will be WR standard by the end of their cubing career, so you should be picking methods based on how much you enjoy solving with it

WCA
2019HENK01
This is what the wiki says:
  1. FreeF - Solve the first two layers F2L however you wish.
  2. O - Solve OLL
  3. P - Solve PLL
This guy doesn't even know what the abbreviation FreeF O P stands for.
As other people said, what you do is FreeFOP and is very different to Petrus.
Also EO done 50% of the time is very unlikely, the probability is actually a lot lower than that.
I really liked how you compared ZZ and Petrus without knowing what Petrus is. GENIUS
It makes your post completely worthless but nice try anyway.

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Umm, well imo I think Roux, you can get faster with it quickly, but as you get faster, it becomes super hard to go forward, and with CFOP, your improvement is slow, but you can go further past sub 10 until the hard barrier comes.

Last edited:

ribbon method

Roux vs cfop vs petrus vs zb vs zz vs freefop vs waterman vs leor vs heise/speedheise vs ribbon vs zipper which one is better

Im a freefoper sub 50 so close to sub 40 and, with cfop I couldn't get anywhere near sub 40. was still sub 50 but high sub 50. freefop has really helped my times

Roux vs cfop vs petrus vs zb vs zz vs freefop vs waterman vs leor vs heise/speedheise vs ribbon vs zipper which one is better

Im a freefoper sub 50 so close to sub 40 and, with cfop I couldn't get anywhere near sub 40. was still sub 50 but high sub 50. freefop has really helped my times
Imo, Waterman is the best of all those. Just my opinion.

zslane

Is there a consensus on the function to use to sort the methods from worst to best? If not, then this debate is over before it even begins.