• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel

NeoBridgeburn

Imagine if PetrusQuber, probably one of the most iconic cubing figures (well not cubing celebrities just someone really social on cubing platforms. So a cubing figure.) ever quit. That would serioulsly make me sad.

DerpBoiMoon

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been taking a break for a while, checking this site every once in a while.

Now here's the point of the thread. I've been away for I think 9 months. So I'm kind of confused with the new things happening. What's a GAN monster? Has the new xman bell been released, and how does it compare to the original? Now there's a new YJ mgc?

Could someone fill me in on what's new?

Also have any records been changed?

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
Also have any records been changed?
New SQ1 World Record (not sure when it was/how long ago it was)

Bell V2M is good and most say better than the V1 with it's new magnet adjustment features.

MGC Repulsion 3x3, a new 3x3 with repelling magnets at 45 degrees.

GAN have a series called Monster Go which is their training puzzles.

Also welcome back.

Other updates:
GAN have made a pyraminx and an upcoming skewb, as well as their 2020 flagship the 11M Pro which is very good.

MoYu made a WRM megaminx a while back with ridges (which defeats the purpose of WR)
They have also released some cool non wca puzzles, a WRM 2020 and RS3M 2020 which has been the best selling puzzle of 2020. They have also made a 4x4 and 2x2 to go with the RS 2020 line.

Qiyi have made a Shadow V2M 6x6, along with updating their "Qi" budget series from a while back. They also made an XMAN 2x2 with adjustable magnets releasing in a week or 2.

YuXin have worked on their Huanglong line making a flat 13x13, the biggest one without pillowing.

YJ are working on their MGc line as well as releasing a mini series known as the Zhilong series consisting of 3x3 to 5x5.

DaYan have released a Guhong v4m at 56mm light weight and low price.

I'll update this if I think of anything else.

Last edited:

rubik2005

GAN released a cheap line of "Monster Go" cubes intended for beginners. They have trainer cubes where you can practice things like the first layer and F2L. There are also two normal 3x3s, a non-magnetic and magnetic version.

Yes, the X-man bell v2 has been released, and it features adjustable magnets! I haven't seen many reviews, but people do seem to like it.

The YJ Repulsion is a cube where instead of the magnets attracting each other, they repel, causing them to push away.

There have been a bunch of online competitions, and I think Tymon Kolasinski broke the pyraminx average WR. However, it is not official. Feliks got a 3.33 (unofficial), and Max has also been getting 3s with the new Rubik smart cube.

I'm sure I forgot many things, but people can add to the list. Hope this helps!

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
There is now a mandatory rule that your pfp must have a santa hat on it (I’m kidding). Unfortunately, some members have died, including @brododragon and @ProStar @MJS Cubing although the last 2 are active now active now.
Edit:Nvm you can’t tag yourself...
Also some useful info: Qiyi clock is the first good clock, Gan is making a skewb, and a new Gan 3x3 came out and the Gan simps are going crazy.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
There is now a mandatory rule that your pfp must have a santa hat on it (I’m kidding). Unfortunately, some members have died, including @brododragon and @ProStar @MJS Cubing although the last 2 are active now active now.
Also some useful info: Qiyi clock is the first good clock, Gan is making a skewb, and a new Gan 3x3 came out and the Gan simps are going crazy.
That’s the wrong MJS Cubing lol

brododragon

wdym

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am planning to quit learning letter quads as I have made the entire list of 100k. I will focus more on getting fingertrickable 10.5 STM UF5 algs, and letter quads PAO. Letter quads will definitely help improve BLD memo. I started making up letter quads in 2017, and I am finally quitting it as I have completed it, R' u' F2 E R E2 R' F2 U R.

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven’t posted in a long time, so I guess that means I’m back. I am still cubing regularly, as much as work and kids will allow at least. I’ve been mainly focusing on big cube BLD and 3x3, but I also still very much enjoy FMC. I miss going to competitions terribly and am excited for the next time I can compete. Hi to all reading this!