• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
You heard it, I am back and i quit waterman. As you all know I have been banned as RussoKyoober and rejected as Lukas Herrell, but I finally found the old password to this account so you know what that means! Tommorrow I will start a new quest. I have no idea what its on but it will be a new quest to something. Whatever im back yall.
I don't remember anyone on this forum named RussoKyoober or Lukas Herrel. But anyway, welcome back!

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, it's been a tough day. I have realised that cubing is becoming unhealthy. It's all I think about now, and I can barely do anything else, and also, if I don't get in at least 70 solves, I start hating myself. What I need now is reasons to stay, because I fear that if I stop for a while, I won't be able to come back. I really love cubing, but maybe it's best if I leave. I really don't want to, but I dunno, maybe I should leave. I don't know why I felt like posting this, but I know the community will convince me to stay. So go ahead. Make my day.
Anything happening?

NeoBridgeburn

Anything happening?
Well I saw what was said about having an alternate hobby, so I got back into musicals which was a great decision to be honest. I joined a bunch of new Discord severs (for like DC and Brooklyn Nine Nine) and I've been passively observing the forums one for the most part. I also started playing Among Us and Infinite Tiles. I have done a few sessions, and I did a month of Roux to get a fresh mindset(I probably only did 1000 solves that entire month) which was fun. And I was back to doing serious solves around two weeks ago and then stopped for around two days (because DC Fandome). I think I'm back now. Just hope my Among Us 'addiction' won't affect my times that much.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey.
This isn’t a goodbye if you’re wondering
Plus, intros felt like the best place to post.
I’ve been pretty active on this forums for a while now, since my joining in June 2019. And in a few days, the anniversary for my Petrus thread will be passing. I’ve just wanted to say thank you. I don’t have many real life cubing friends, and they only cubed for a while before losing interested. This forum is the single most active area in my social media life, and honestly, it pushes me to keep going, accompanied by my thread. Like, when I set goals every week, it reminds me that I have a target, something I should be working on. And if I don’t complete it, I start feeling guilty :p. It’s really fun to be able to interact with other cubers, you guys, across the world, and over the months I’ve spoken to a lot of people, some of them I’ve helped, some of them, they’ve helped me, and some of them just wanted to hang around.
If you’ve noticed, I rarely have breaks in my line of trying to break sub 8 Petrus. Most only last a few days, and even then I still pick up cubes and spam algs frequently. And I’ve kind of been getting less motivated over the last month. Heck, I forgot I even had a cube the other day, and I didn’t touch one for several days. I frequently struggle to finish my goals, such as completing guides, doing competitions. Part of this is school, but not all of it is. And slow progress is also a factor. I averaged 13-14 in April. 5 months later, I’m still averaging 12.
You can see where I’m going.

I’m taking a proper break from cubing.
I’ve heard that’s what a lot of people do when they start feeling less motivated - that or try new things, such as buying new puzzles or learning new methods. Plus I feel like I seriously need a break - it’s been over a year of pretty much non stop cubing, and I need to get into school life for a bit at least.
It’ll probably be for a few weeks.

But I’ll still be active on the forums during that time, in case you’re wondering. Actually, that’s kind of getting less active too. My first 1000 messages came super fast, within a few months, but I’m still not over 3K messages yet, over a year later (though people seem to like my posts and I have lots of reactions). I mean I guess all forumers get less active as time goes on. I remember so many now inactive members from my early intro days, and even people like @ProStar and @brododragon are slowing down too. That’s more of a gradual thing and I guess school did have a part to play in that. But yeah, I’m still around, will still post.
So.
I’m going to cube for a few more days, want to do something, then I’m starting the break from Monday.

Plus, for the anniversary of my Quest thread, I’ve got a video planned, and on the weekend I will post some last solves video.
Peace

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
I’m not sure how to react to this. Hopefully you’ll have more motivation when you start cubing again!
I mean I guess all forumers get less active as time goes on. I remember so many now inactive members from my early intro days, and even people like @ProStar and @brododragon are slowing down too.
I’m just gonna point out that I’ve been playing on the forums longer than both of them, have less messages and reaction score, but I haven’t slowed down one bit. :p

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey.
This isn’t a goodbye if you’re wondering
Plus, intros felt like the best place to post.
I’ve been pretty active on this forums for a while now, since my joining in June 2019. And in a few days, the anniversary for my Petrus thread will be passing. I’ve just wanted to say thank you. I don’t have many real life cubing friends, and they only cubed for a while before losing interested. This forum is the single most active area in my social media life, and honestly, it pushes me to keep going, accompanied by my thread. Like, when I set goals every week, it reminds me that I have a target, something I should be working on. And if I don’t complete it, I start feeling guilty :p. It’s really fun to be able to interact with other cubers, you guys, across the world, and over the months I’ve spoken to a lot of people, some of them I’ve helped, some of them, they’ve helped me, and some of them just wanted to hang around.
If you’ve noticed, I rarely have breaks in my line of trying to break sub 8 Petrus. Most only last a few days, and even then I still pick up cubes and spam algs frequently. And I’ve kind of been getting less motivated over the last month. Heck, I forgot I even had a cube the other day, and I didn’t touch one for several days. I frequently struggle to finish my goals, such as completing guides, doing competitions. Part of this is school, but not all of it is. And slow progress is also a factor. I averaged 13-14 in April. 5 months later, I’m still averaging 12.
You can see where I’m going.

I’m taking a proper break from cubing.
I’ve heard that’s what a lot of people do when they start feeling less motivated - that or try new things, such as buying new puzzles or learning new methods. Plus I feel like I seriously need a break - it’s been over a year of pretty much non stop cubing, and I need to get into school life for a bit at least.
It’ll probably be for a few weeks.

But I’ll still be active on the forums during that time, in case you’re wondering. Actually, that’s kind of getting less active too. My first 1000 messages came super fast, within a few months, but I’m still not over 3K messages yet, over a year later (though people seem to like my posts and I have lots of reactions). I mean I guess all forumers get less active as time goes on. I remember so many now inactive members from my early intro days, and even people like @ProStar and @brododragon are slowing down too. That’s more of a gradual thing and I guess school did have a part to play in that. But yeah, I’m still around, will still post.
So.
I’m going to cube for a few more days, want to do something, then I’m starting the break from Monday.

Plus, for the anniversary of my Quest thread, I’ve got a video planned, and on the weekend I will post some last solves video.
Peace
I read this: Oh no, PetrusQuber is quitting
I read the spoiler: Thank Erno Rubik
:)
anyway hope your motivation comes back soon and good luck with reaching sub-8